OT - Addazio Extended | Syracusefan.com

OT - Addazio Extended

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be interesting to know exactly where you stand on whether we should extend HCDB. :rolleyes:

IMG_1424.PNG

BC appears to have embraced mediocrity for football. Works for me.

With Addazio, Edsall, Narduzzi and post Joe Moorhead Franklin running the other programs in the Northeast, Syracuse stands alone as a football program in the Northeast that uses a modern offense.

These schools should dominate recruiting fullbacks and 275 pound TEs.

Talented athletes who want to score 50 PPG need to head to Syracuse.

With Addazio, Edsall, Narduzzi and post Joe Moorhead Franklin running the other programs in the Northeast, Syracuse stands alone as a football program in the Northeast that uses a modern offense.

Bingo.

Syracuse stands alone as a shining beacon for whiz-bang football players in this modern era.

I think BC may have thought they had a shot at now OSU head coach Day, he has a ton of ties to BC, once that became a no go, probably best to extend and see what next year brings

Sounds like it was an "extension" with minimal buyout. They thought they had their guy until the didn't. And now they're late to the game without any obvious candidates. Makes sense for them to stay the course for now.

Addazio is just good enough to not get rid of. BC might be listening to too many national people who condescendingly think, you're BC you should be happy with 7 wins

7 wins with their schedule is like 9 with a big east schedule though.

i do think he's gotten a little better, 4th downs, shotgun, basic stuff. they could do ok if they could land a decent dual threat qb who can actually throw (easier said than done)

Sounds like it was an "extension" with minimal buyout. They thought they had their guy until the didn't. And now they're late to the game without any obvious candidates. Makes sense for them to stay the course for now.

It’s the problem with mediocrity at a school that is mediocre with mediocre expectations.

I’m just thankful it’s not us.

Seems like his presser/job interview after losing to us did not fall on deaf ears.

Solid take. That whole bunch seem to be fighting yesterdays battles. Have at it.

I think BC may have thought they had a shot at now OSU head coach Day, he has a ton of ties to BC, once that became a no go, probably best to extend and see what next year brings

Their AD is from Ohio St. Ryan Day was at BC. I think this was gonna happen until Urban decided to step down. I think the right decision is to stick with Addazio. Addazio is not a bad HC. He's no Dino but he's not the worst guy for that job. Henning and Spaz were light years worse IMO.

I think the analogy is: Jarmod did not fire P after the 2004 season. Let's see how 2005 would look with P at Syracuse still.

Their AD is from Ohio St. Ryan Day was at BC. I think this was gonna happen until Urban decided to step down. I think the right decision is to stick with Addazio. Addazio is not a bad HC. He's no Dino but he's not the worst guy for that job. Henning and Spaz were light years worse IMO.

I think the analogy is: Jarmod did not fire P after the 2004 season. Let's see how 2005 would look with P at Syracuse still.

The AD is in a tough position. Didn't bring him in, don't love his performance - but would get killed if he got fired and the program went into a tailspin. 2 years is prob about right.

The AD is in a tough position. Didn't bring him in, don't love his performance - but would get killed if he got fired and the program went into a tailspin. 2 years is prob about right.

Sounds eerily familiar no?

Sounds eerily familiar no?

So there's a chance the BC leadership will force the AD to fire Dazzler at halftime of their bowl game this year?

I certainly hope not!

Edit - I'd be all for it if they turn around and hire their version of Grob to crater their program.

I don't think hes a bad coach at all.

The last couple years FSU and Miami have gotten curb stomped in Chestnut Hill.

Yes they are only good because they lucked into Dillon and Brown but that team wins the Coastal this year if they were on the other side of the conference.

And yes I love the way we matchup head to head with BC.

I think hes a good coach for them they want to have the best D possible and try to remain O lineman U. Good QBs and RBs find their way there. They just always have terrible WRs and under Addazio those guys seem even worse.

I don't think hes a bad coach at all.

The last couple years FSU and Miami have gotten curb stomped in Chestnut Hill.

Yes they are only good because they lucked into Dillon and Brown but that team wins the Coastal this year if they were on the other side of the conference.

And yes I love the way we matchup head to head with BC.

I think hes a good coach for them they want to have the best D possible and try to remain O lineman U. Good QBs and RBs find their way there. They just always have terrible WRs and under Addazio those guys seem even worse.

Here’s the thing. Their WR are not that bad. Good OL, NFL RB, decent college QB. A set of NFL DE’s, a secondary guy (Cheevers) who is a ball hawk, pretty solid LB tradition.

You could make the argument that this year was peak BC. And they finished middle of the pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom