OT: Anthony Davis last night, holy cow | Syracusefan.com

OT: Anthony Davis last night, holy cow

So I was watching our late night local news waiting for some info or highlights of his game, since they played the nuggs. Nope, the sports reporter got through the whole segment without mentioning Davis a single time, only talked about the nuggets players. Couldn't believe it.

50 points, 16 rebounds, 5 assists, 7 steals, 4 blocks, 1 eyebrow.

This guy is a superstar.

That has to be one of the most statistically impressive games of all time. I wonder how many times 50, 15, 5, and 5 has been done. Wouldn't surprise me if this was the first.

That has to be one of the most statistically impressive games of all time. I wonder how many times 50, 15, 5, and 5 has been done. Wouldn't surprise me if this was the first.

You might go 25 years and not see a stat line like that.

He could have been on our 2012 team. :)

Instead he was on their 2012 team.:(

There was another center who could have been on that team, but liked Chuck's a little too much. :bang:

I'm sure Wilt did that a lot, but steals and blocks weren't official statistics for most of his career.

50 points, 16 rebounds, 5 assists, 7 steals, 4 blocks, 1 eyebrow.

This guy is a superstar.

It's always going to be about durability with him. That, and getting him on a team that will put the right players around him.

The NBA has moved to a 3+D league with a preference for its non core starters to fit into that mold at the 2,3 and 4 positions -- but that is often the only above average skill of such players. They can't create that well for themselves. Teams have reacted by improving the 3 point defence, but this has really spread the floor.

Star players can now create much more in the 2 point space, and teams are willing to let them for now, if it stops the opponents from taking 3%'s at a 36%+ clip. So it's easier than prior years to get an efficient 2 point shot right now, but less players on each team have the skill to do so. So the usage level for some players right now like Westbrook, Lillard, Davis, Derozan is incredibly high, and they garner numbers that are ridiculous. As teams have less playmakers they have the ball in their hand more often (more assists), and without a traditional 4, a guard will get much more rebounds as well.

The NBA became a 3 point trigger happy league because analytically it made sense. Teams adjusted and I think the 3 point shots may have peaked after a many year climb. It will be interesting to see if teams counter adjust to players who are attacking the spread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom