OT any bourbon or whiskey drinkers? | Syracusefan.com

OT any bourbon or whiskey drinkers?

Acesn8s

Starter
I want To switch it up I have been growing my liquor supply and want to hear some people’s favorites maybe I’ll try something new. Starting a pretty good collection but ready for some fresh ideas.

Attachments

• B7184281-3DA3-4C54-9F2A-51C3896162F9.jpeg
    B7184281-3DA3-4C54-9F2A-51C3896162F9.jpeg
    747.1 KB · Views: 516
My favorites Pendleton 12 year old rye, kilbeggan rye, Buffalo Trace, nikka Coffey grain, dalmore 12 year old, yellow spot Irish whiskey, and of course blue label. There's so much out there it can be overwhelming. You should check out flaviar, a little pricey but you can try a bunch of stuff you never would of. Also most liquor stores do tastings now, good way to be exposed to different flavors and styles

Picked up 2 bottles of Eagle Rare, and 1 bottle of Buffalo trace today.(same mash, same distillery) Usually sold out for months on end. Fantastic budget bourbon, that easily competes , and bests, Bourbons $20 more... not much finish, but leaves you wanting another sip... in this case, not a bad thing.

Buffalo trace distillery is fantastic. Elmer T Lee, Blanton's, Pappy Van Winkle. Every one in their product line is worth a look.(although the Pappy could set you back 700- 25k...lol. cant say that I've tried it.)

Last edited:
George Dickel Tennessee Bottled in Bond Whisky
Old Grand Dad 114
Weller 12
Old Fitzgerald 15
Rittenhouse Rye - great for Manhattans
J.T.S.Brown BIB
Evan Williams BIB
Heaven Hill 6 year old 90 proof old Style Bourbon - Only sold in Kentucky $13.50 for a 750ml at the Kroger - It's what the employees drink.

Picked up 2 bottles of Eagle Rare, and 1 bottle of Buffalo trace today.(same mash, same distillery) Usually sold out for months on end. Fantastic budget bourbon, that easily competes , and bests, Bourbons $20 more... not much finish, but leaves you wanting another sip... in this case, not a bad thing.

Buffalo trace distillery is fantastic. Elmer T Lee, Blanton's, Pappy Van Winkle. Every one in their product line is worth a look.
just had some pappy from a friend smooth loved it but secondary market is ridiculous.

I have had Basil Hayden I am a fan.

Everyones different this is maybe my least favorite whiskey of all would prefer early times. Don’t have a top mid level bourbon. Would have to be all the High West stuff I guess. And any Rye is usually good in that range.

My choice in the step above cheap stuff price range is Jamison Black Barrel. Can be found for 28-29 bucks near me.

Highland Park 15 was my jam but they got rid of it and I don’t feel like paying for the 18.

Last edited:
George Dickel Tennessee Bottled in Bond Whisky
Old Grand Dad 114
Weller 12
Old Fitzgerald 15
Rittenhouse Rye - great for Manhattans
J.T.S.Brown BIB
Evan Williams BIB
Heaven Hill 6 year old 90 proof old Style Bourbon - Only sold in Kentucky $13.50 for a 750ml at the Kroger - It's what the employees drink.
How do you like the George Dickel neat?

Didnt mean the Johnny Walker. The single malt in the middle(with the horse). I dont recognize it.
Of the Tyrconnel, got it from a golf match I won from a friend, we had a bottle bet on it, haven’t even sampled it yet.

Everyones different this is maybe my least favorite whiskey of all would prefer early times. Don’t have a top mid level bourbon. Would have to be all the High West stuff I guess. And any Rye is usually good in that range.

My choice in the step above cheap stuff price range is Jamison Black Barrel. Can be found for 28-29 bucks near me.

Highland Park 15 was my jam but they got rid of it and I don’t feel like paying for the 18.
I'll check it out. My wife is the Bourbon drinker. Likes the sweeter variety, smooth with less finish. Saves me $$ . Lol. For me, the islay scotch flavor lasts forever... My favorite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom