OT - Arkansas hires... | Syracusefan.com

OT - Arkansas hires...

Wow, I thought he was never leaving Boise? He has passed up better jobs too

Great hire. Strikes me how different it is than Les Miles, though, who they offered last week. Makes me wonder if they really know what they want.

Well, who the **** wouldn't want to get out of the BE?
Ha agreed. See Butch Jones, Cincy Bearcats. The teams may be stuck but the coaches aren't.

Did he walk off the field after defeating Nevada and make an announcement? That was pretty fast.

Well, who the **** wouldn't want to get out of the BE?
He turned down better offers while in a non-BCS conference before they were in the BE, and whose to say they even really ever play there.

He turned down better offers while in a non-BCS conference before they were in the BE, and whose to say they even really ever play there.

I know, you did not like my shot at the BE though? Jeez.

Wow, that is a surprise! I wouldn't have guessed that. Great hire by them.

Bees had this a week ago gotta give him and twitter credit for nailing it.

Why would he take that job instead of any of the many Pac-12 jobs that have opened? He's a west coast guy.

Boise is now going in the toilet with no big east and no access to big bowl games. Seems like its good time to elevate himself before the program tanks

Not so sure this is a good match. He should have taken any Pac 12 or Big 12 job honestly. He has roots in that part of the country. Going to the deep south in a difficult conference and in a place where if you lose 3 games there are some people wanting you fired. I am sure the money is great and that erases a lot of the downside here, but I think he would have been better served waiting for a good Pac 12 or Big 12 job to come open. Hell he has turned down many good Pac 12 jobs already.

On a side note, it won't happen overnight but watch Boise go back to being nothing in short time. This guy was their program without him they won't continue the level of success they have had.

They lost their OC last year and now their HC.
They'll need a young football guru that can consistently find diamonds in the rough and that players want to play for. He also needs to love blue turf.

Maybe Arky can paint the field red to make him feel at home. All fans get 3D glasses on way in to the stadium.

Chris Peterson from Boise St. Great hire!
Wow, not sure what I was thinking, but my source has been good to this point.. last I believe his ass..

Not sure if something broke down in final contract negotiations or this was a change of heart, but I'll cut off my own fingers for a day.

Not sure if something broke down in final contract negotiations or this was a change of heart, but I'll cut off my own fingers for a day.
No need to do that. The pig people were clearly looking for someone from a cold climate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom