OT: Art Briles | Syracusefan.com

OT: Art Briles

Status
Not open for further replies.

djorange1989

Living Legend
thank goodness the brass at Southern Miss stepped in and made sure this dbag wasn't hired. screw him and screw the head coach of Southern Miss for being angry at the decision and thinking a guy who turned his back on about 50 sexual assaults should get a second chance to coach college players and to endanger more women on a campus. Unreal.

Southern Miss nixes Briles; Eagles' coach upset

thank goodness the brass at Southern Miss stepped in and made sure this dbag wasn't hired. screw him and screw the head coach of Southern Miss for being angry at the decision and thinking a guy who turned his back on about 50 s e xual assaults should get a second chance to coach college players and to endanger more women on a campus. Unreal.

I think everyone deserves a second chance at least, and then I think about the parents of those young women. My daughter is 17 and getting ready to head off to college next year, and I can honestly say this is one of my biggest fears. Briles should never coach football again, imho.

I think everyone deserves a second chance at least, and then I think about the parents of those young women. My daughter is 17 and getting ready to head off to college next year, and I can honestly say this is one of my biggest fears. Briles should never coach football again, imho.

I am in the same boat as you, my older daughter turns 18 in May and is heading out West for college in the fall , and it is my biggest fear too. In general I certainly believe in second chances, but not this time, and not a guy who should have made enough money at Baylor to retire, it's not like he was working a minimum wage job. At the very least he should NEVER coach on the college level ever again

I am in the same boat as you, my older daughter turns 18 in May and is heading out West for college in the fall , and it is my biggest fear too. In general I certainly believe in second chances, but not this time, and not a guy who should have made enough money at Baylor to retire, it's not like he was working a minimum wage job. At the very least he should NEVER coach on the college level ever again
One of my daughters possible destinations is Ohio St. That scares the out of me a little.

One of my daughters possible destinations is Ohio St. That scares the out of me a little.

like my daughters, yours will be ok, wherever they go. My older one is going to San Diego State. not a bad place to visit

like my daughters, yours will be ok, wherever they go. My older one is going to San Diego State. not a bad place to visit
She wants to go into veterinary medicine. Cornell has a really good school for that. Trying to get her to look into that. I keep telling her that it would help me fulfill my dream of becoming a Cuse season ticket holder. We could just meet in Syracuse every other week for a game. I'm sure our girls will be fine too. We're just normal worried parents.

This is disappointing. Let Briles coach. He’s already been exonerated by Baylor but that hasn’t really been picked up by the media. He’s paid the price many fold. And yes, I have a daughter as well and Baylor is as just as fine a school as others.

thank goodness the brass at Southern Miss stepped in and made sure this dbag wasn't hired. screw him and screw the head coach of Southern Miss for being angry at the decision and thinking a guy who turned his back on about 50 s e xual assaults should get a second chance to coach college players and to endanger more women on a campus. Unreal.

He had a lot of chances to step in and fix a huge problem when he was the HC at Baylor. He never did. Winning was all that mattered to him.

I agree, he should never be put in a position where he has the power to protect criminals and at least tacitly encourage abuse of women.

He is very fortunate he is not in jail.

Last edited:
This is disappointing. Let Briles coach. He’s already been exonerated by Baylor but that hasn’t really been picked up by the media. He’s paid the price many fold. And yes, I have a daughter as well and Baylor is as just as fine a school as others.
I'm betting you would feel differently if your daughter, God forbid, was involved in this and one (or more) of the football players Briles protected was responsible.

At least I hope you would feel different.

In my opinion, he hasn't paid nearly enough. As Tomcat said, he is very fortunate he is not in jail.

He’s a scumbag and doesn’t deserve s___. Its not like he can’t find housing or any type of job. He lost out on a job to be a football coach again. Oh poor him. Dude should be in a jail, instead he’s still being interviewed for jobs and people are defending him. What price has he paid for what he did, seriously.

I'm betting you would feel differently if your daughter, God forbid, was involved in this and one (or more) of the football players Briles protected was responsible.

At least I hope you would feel different.

In my opinion, he hasn't paid nearly enough. As Tomcat said, he is very fortunate he is not in jail.
Baylor said that he didn’t play any football player that was found to have assaulted anyone. Baylor also said that he didn’t discourage any victim from reporting anything to the police. Not sure how this proves he protected his football players. I would feel quite safe with him as the coach. The media wanted a scapegoat and they got it. But the media is noticeably absent when Baylor pretty much said “we are good coach, good luck to you.”

He had a lot of chances to step in and fix a huge problem when he was the HC at Baylor. He never did. Winning was all that mattered to him.

I agree, he should never be put in a position where he has the power to protect criminals and at least tacitly encourage abuse of women.

He is very fortunate he is not in jail.
He never protected any criminals. Baylor acknowledged he didn’t have any contact with any of the accusers.

Baylor said that he didn’t play any football player that was found to have assaulted anyone. Baylor also said that he didn’t discourage any victim from reporting anything to the police. Not sure how this proves he protected his football players. I would feel quite safe with him as the coach. The media wanted a scapegoat and they got it. But the media is noticeably absent when Baylor pretty much said “we are good coach, good luck to you.”
Baylor said this, Baylor said that.

Ah, the same Baylor that fired their president and others because of this?

And:

Baylor settles lawsuit that alleged gang rape

Court Docs: Ex-Baylor A.D. Says Everyone Was In On The Sexual-Assault Coverup

New Baylor lawsuit alleges 52 rapes by football players in 4 years, 'show 'em a good time' culture | Baylor | Dallas News

Docs: Art Briles, Baylor officials actively involved in covering up player incidents

Baylor ‘Set the Football Program on Fire’ as Scapegoat in Sex-Assault Scandal, Says Ex-Athletic Director

Former AD: Baylor ‘scapegoated’ black football players in rape scandal cover-up

Spend as much time with him as you want. The man is scum, who promoted an atmosphere of win at all costs, damn the consequences. And in his wake, helped to ruin the lives of numerous young women.

Frankly, I'm not sure how anyone can defend him.

Being exonerated by fellow guilty parties means jack. The guy turned his back on the allegations and should never be part of a college program again

Last edited:
He never protected any criminals. Baylor acknowledged he didn’t have any contact with any of the accusers.
Franklin had 4 players at Vanderbilt who were convicted of rape. He is a real scum who shouldn't be coaching anywhere.

Baylor is a scumbag institution on the same level as MSU and Penn State.

Art Briles is not welcome at my house, no matter how well he can score the football, ever.

Second chances are not for everyone. Especially when it may be the 53rd chance.

I like not to relive such terrible situations.

There’s a difference between getting a second chance as a person and a second chance at a high paying gig that landed you in so much trouble to begin with. Shouldn’t coach again, IMO.

the people crazy enough to move the sport foward are always crazy in other ways. best to pluck normal people from their tree like we did.

Here's the news article that basically states that Baylor Baylor does about-face, supports Briles in letterexonerated Art Briles.

“As you speak with others regarding these issues, you can be assured you may make certain statements without fear of contradiction from Baylor based on the information currently known to us.

“In particular, at this time we are unaware of any situation where you personally had contact with anyone who directly reported to you being the victim of sexual assault or that you directly discouraged the victim of an alleged sexual assault from reporting to law enforcement or University officials. Nor are we aware of any situation where you played a student athlete who had been found responsible for sexual assault.

“We wish you the very best in your future endeavors.”

Here's the news article that basically states that Baylor Baylor does about-face, supports Briles in letterexonerated Art Briles.

“As you speak with others regarding these issues, you can be assured you may make certain statements without fear of contradiction from Baylor based on the information currently known to us.

“In particular, at this time we are unaware of any situation where you personally had contact with anyone who directly reported to you being the victim of s e xual assault or that you directly discouraged the victim of an alleged s e xual assault from reporting to law enforcement or University officials. Nor are we aware of any situation where you played a student athlete who had been found responsible for s e xual assault.

It's disgusting how hard you are trying to defend this piece of trash...
The "man" doesn't deserve anything, nor should he be given any more chances...

“In particular, at this time we are unaware of any situation where you personally had contact with anyone who directly reported to you being the victim of s e xual assault or that you directly discouraged the victim of an alleged s e xual assault from reporting to law enforcement or University officials. Nor are we aware of any situation where you played a student athlete who had been found responsible for s e xual assault.

Baylor has no credibility. It's like MSU saying Larry Nassar was a swell guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.