OT: Atlanta Winter Storm - Part Deux | Syracusefan.com

OT: Atlanta Winter Storm - Part Deux

Moontan

2017 ESPN College Bowl Pick’em Winner
Wednesday could be another fun experience in the ATL. Some schools have already announced closings for Tuesday and Wednesday. Grocery store shelves are becoming bare.

Watch it be a non-event.

Hopefully SU's twitter feeders will stick to other subject matter this time around.

Wednesday could be another fun experience in the ATL. Some schools have already announced closings for Tuesday and Wednesday. Grocery store shelves are becoming bare.

Watch it be a non-event.

Hopefully SU's twitter feeders will stick to other subject matter this time around.

2 inches of snow and some ice was kind of a non-event too. It was the horrific lack of planning by your city government that was the event.

;)

Watch it be a non-event.

Can't imagine they won't.

Worst designed city in the country..hands down. Why any person or business would locate here is unreal to me. The city is a mess-not even mentioning the schools-and the lack of funding from the state for a train system is an epic fail. The solution for the traffic is to just add another lane...brilliant...

Atlanta is a disaster waiting to happen. No easy way to get outta here. When they have any sort of precip on the road its unreal.

Watch it be a non-event.

NO. They are going to tweet about the snow/ice event in Raleigh that will cancel the Duke/UNC BB game... because they aren't hardnosed.;)

Moontan said:
Wednesday could be another fun experience in the ATL. Some schools have already announced closings for Tuesday and Wednesday. Grocery store shelves are becoming bare. Watch it be a non-event. Hopefully SU's twitter feeders will stick to other subject matter this time around.

Don't forget those jerks over at SNL! Making light of another's plight! It's like they think they are a bunch of comedians over there ;).

If we start this all over again Im pretty sure the southern implants are going to throw down

...and so it begins. Work already closed today and tomorrow (at the least). Snow coming down pretty hard in Alpharetta right now.

Worst designed city in the country..hands down. Why any person or business would locate here is unreal to me. The city is a mess-not even mentioning the schools-and the lack of funding from the state for a train system is an epic fail. The solution for the traffic is to just add another lane...brilliant...

Atlanta is a disaster waiting to happen. No easy way to get outta here. When they have any sort of precip on the road its unreal.

Already did. Ask Rick:

rickinatlanta.jpg

As long as it's melted by Friday. I'm driving through Atlanta on the way to Florida... or at least that's plan A.

No milk in the metro Atlanta area.

Truck delivering milk jackknifes and crashes off the highway into the woods.

I swear, some of this stuff is comical.

No milk in the metro Atlanta area.

Truck delivering milk jackknifes and crashes off the highway into the woods.

I swear, some of this stuff is comical.

LOL. Well it's coming to NC next. At least over the years that I have lived here they have learned to use brine spreaders and plows. However the general population still seems to have a need to clean the stores out of milk, bread, beer and of course toilet paper.;)

CuseLegacy said:
LOL. Well it's coming to NC next. At least over the years that I have lived here they have learned to use brine spreaders and plows. However the general population still seems to have a need to clean the stores out of milk, bread, beer and of course toilet paper.;)

They are finally moving ahead technology wise in NC...they use toilet paper now?

Image (3).png

Stayed at the W midtown on 14th. Walked to work @ 17th street. Just a bunch of slush. Peachtree hadn't been plowed once. This would be a regular day in Syr...what a joke.

Pretty bad already in the Alpharetta/Cumming/Johns Creek area.
Yup. My street is all iced over.

So far nobody has tried to navigate it in a vehicle.

More precipitation on the way... rain & sleet first, to be followed by evening & overnight snow. I could be housebound for a few days. As long as there's power (Orange sports, Olympics & chilled beverages) we'll be OK.

View attachment 7792

Stayed at the W midtown on 14th. Walked to work @ 17th street. Just a bunch of slush. Peachtree hadn't been plowed once. This would be a regular day in Syr...what a joke.
Wow, main streets in downtown not plowed once? That's just being cheap and lazy.

Jim Young @ACCSports
RT @IraSchoffel: Postpone UNC-Duke, if only so we can see what gem Scott Shafer comes up with.

What did I say.;)

LOL...y'all are some funny folk. :D

How many hurricanes have you ever dealt with?

Softnoses. ;)

LOL...y'all are some funny folk. :D

How many hurricanes have you ever dealt with?

Softnoses. ;)

LOL Some of us are down here in NC and are going to get a foot. It's just y'all that we have to watch out for on the roads ..if they are plowed.;)

LOL Some of us are down here in NC and are going to get a foot. It's just y'all that we have to watch out for on the roads ..if they are plowed.;)

I see folks from both north and South in the ditches and with their cars all banged up in this weather. Its not just us, or, you all. So there! :D

LOL!