OT - Bucket List Saturdays | Syracusefan.com

OT - Bucket List Saturdays

MadNY3

All American
Thinking of taking a kid to a college game next year and wondering which must-go place to watch a game is.

From experience or otherwise, what are the top two or three places to take a 12-year -Old factoring in age as this isn’t a booze-inspired trip)?

Thinking...

Georgia
Tennnessee
Texas (maybe Texas A&M)

Thanks in advance.

Thinking of taking a kid to a college game next year and wondering which must-go place to watch a game is.

From experience or otherwise, what are the top two or three places to take a 12-year -Old factoring in age as this isn’t a booze-inspired trip)?

Thinking...

Georgia
Tennnessee
Texas (maybe Texas A&M)

Thanks in advance.
An away Syracuse game should come before any place you could list. Unless I’m missing something and you’ve already done that with him. @FSU, @Louisville, or @NC state are good starting points. Or wait a year and do Cuse at clemson. That is must see scene.

If you’ve already done Cuse road trip, the three you listed are perfect. Any SEC environment is magical

Last edited:

Thinking...

Georgia
Tennnessee
Texas (maybe Texas A&M)

Thanks in advance.

Georgia or Ole Miss for a non-Cuse game.

An away Syracuse game should come before any place you could list. Unless I’m missing something and you’ve already done that with him. @FSU, @Louisville, or @NC state are good starting points. Or wait a year and do Cuse at clemson. That is must see scene.

If you’ve already done Cuse road trip, the three you listed are perfect. Any SEC environment is magical

Yes, three Syracuse games this year. They get their fill...

For experience only...in no order

Clemson
PSU “white out” game (sorry:oops:)
Texas A&M
Army v Navy

Thinking...

Georgia
Tennnessee
Texas (maybe Texas A&M)

Thanks in advance.
Army Navy

Non su game I’d have to say North Dakota sate Fargo some cuz it’s such an out there odd experience... secondly in 2024 catch me watching cuse vs army at West Point lol

For non cuse game and a non booze trip from my experience I’d say
University of Washington
Notre Dame
Michigan
Penn state white out
LSU night game
And the swamp

For experience only...in no order

Clemson
PSU “white out” game (sorry:oops:)
Texas A&M
Army v Navy
I was going to suggest Ped State also. It's sad to say but I've heard from alumni and friends that it's a great scene. Also, Ole Miss, Ann Arbor and Notre Dame. Maybe even throw in Alabama. I would like to check that out.

Army/Navy is the only non-Syracuse game i'd make a point of seeing. Unless i have a rooting interest, no game is worth my time anymore.

When I was in college, I went to see PSU/MSU (the forced rivalry game). One of my good friends' brother has some sort of roll with PSU where he was kind of a recruiting coordinator of sorts (like a Kramer Cook kinda gig i take it). So, my friend and I got the recruit/VIP experience. We were invited to this massive alumni tailgate with the big donors. We had field passes for before the game, then seats at about the 45 yard line about 15 rows up. All the "recruit" stuff was super cool, but otherwise, it was a tedious drive to/from the middle of nowhere, parked/tailgated in a cow pasture away from the heart of campus, and sat on a cold bleacher in an erector set stadium.

A night game at LSU was something I always wanted to experience. Luckily Syracuse playing there last year gave me the excuse to go.

FWIW, I was all jazzed up about checkin out Camp Randall. So much for that.

Last edited:
After going to Tennessee, I'm not sure I could go back there if it wasn't a booze trip. That place is nuts.

I'd probably check out the Longhorns in Austin. I've heard unbelievable things about that city, seems like it would be a good family place.

My non-kid bucket list includes the Cocktail party and the SEC Championship.'

West Point Army home game, arrive early to watch cadets march on parade grounds. Wait to see how game ball is delivered to the white hat.

Top 3 places I have seen games:

1. Tennessee - the experience around stadium is fun and the people are crazy for that team (before the game...). The game I went to was UT-Florida 1996 (Peyton's Jr season). Neyland Stadium had just increased capacity over 100,000 that year. Florida manhandled UT and it was then the quietest stadium I had ever been in.
2. LSU - tailgating starts early in day for night games. Hospitality is great. Place gets loud and whole stadium shakes.
3. Ole Miss - sights are great and very old school traditions.

SEC football is like religion.

As said by others, Army-Navy is a good game but any game at West Point or Annapolis is a great experience too. West Point is a great setting and watching the different units march onto field opening a Navy game is incredible.

Lastly, the start of 4th quarter (Jump Around) was worth going to Wisconsin alone.