OT: Buddy Nix steps down | Syracusefan.com

OT: Buddy Nix steps down

I know this isn't a Bills site, just thought I'd throw it out there. Sorry if I missed it somewhere else.

word is, nix wanted nassib in the 1st.

and marrone said no way in hell do i want that 4th round talent taken in the 1st.

after the league all passed on nassib, thus proving marrone to be correct...nix had to go.

Oh Lord

Doug Whaley will be replacing Nix.

Seems like a classic cover move:

Marrone &/or Manuel don't pan out ---> Blame Nix and make changes.

Marrone &/or Manuel succeed ---> Whaley was already running things behind the scenes, just kept Buddy around to finish the fiscal year...

I think Bill Polian is now working as a TV Analyst, bring him back.
Yeah it's going to be Doug Whaley but I would LOVE this move. Even if he couldn't strike gold a 2nd time in Buffalo, just to have someone with actual credibility as a proven winner would be really encouraging to me as a Bills fan.

Doug Whaley will be replacing Nix.

Yeah this was the worst kept secret out there pre-draft. Everyone knew that it was gonna be Nix's last draft and he was going to give up control to Whaley after the draft.

Somehow I'll be able to hold back the tears.

Yeah this was the worst kept secret out there pre-draft. Everyone knew that it was gonna be Nix's last draft and he was going to give up control to Whaley after the draft.
Yeah, this story is as stunning as "Hopkins succeeds Boeheim" will be in ten years.