OT: Celebration After Plays | Syracusefan.com

OT: Celebration After Plays

javadoc

All American
I’m watching some playoff games today, after not really seeing NFL this season, and the dances and poses and crap after making a routine good play, from grown men getting paid to do a job, makes me laugh. Get over yourself, you met your job expectations on that play.

So amateurs now think they are professionals, and professionals are acting like they’re amateurs. The latter has been happening for a while, sure. Marvin Harrison was better than all of them.

I’m watching some playoff games today, after not really seeing NFL this season, and the dances and poses and crap after making a routine good play, from grown men getting paid to do a job, makes me laugh. Get over yourself, you met your job expectations on that play.

So amateurs now think they are professionals, and professionals are acting like they’re amateurs. The latter has been happening for a while, sure. Marvin Harrison was better than all of them.
I don’t mind players - even grown men - being excited. Do the leap, slap hands, chest bump, jump around. It’s all good. I don’t like the choreographed stuff. I always feel bad for the guys in the losing locker room thinking, “Damn, we never got to bust out our best dance move.”

It’s a bit much for sure when the player makes a routine tackle. The cellys after a TD? That’s fun and kids love it, I support fully. I do get the over celebrating of routine plays, it’s laughable.

Players should have fun and express themselves. It's a game remember!

My biggest issue, and one i never have understood

The NFL routinely flags spontaneous acts of celebration after someone scores, yet they allow the scripted planned team BS that takes up time while everyone runs down to the end of the field to take place unpenalized.

That annoys me.

Last edited:
Threads like this, no matter what the setting, always devolve in to younger people disrespecting older people and telling them that their views are not valid. Because as we all know, younger people are smarter and wiser than older people.

Its entertainment. It generates buzz from people that like it or dont like it. NFL will continue to encourage it. Its about the dolla.

Threads like this, no matter what the setting, always devolve in to younger people disrespecting older people and telling them that their views are not valid. Because as we all know, younger people are smarter and wiser than older people.
Threads like this start with old people telling young people how to be.

Last edited:
Let’s face it, we’re aimed at the wrong target if we are looking at most athletes to be our role models.

Yeah, not exactly someone whose behavior we should emulate.
On the field - his behavior was pretty cool.
Off the field - maybe not so cool in his younger days. Much better as a spokesman in his older days.