OT: chiefs player commits suicide at team facility | Syracusefan.com

OT: chiefs player commits suicide at team facility

I wonder if this'll be traced back to head injuries?

I wonder if this'll be traced back to head injuries?
Maybe, but he was only 25. I can't imagine the repercussions would set in so quickly.

My question is, how can they justify playing tomorrow? How on earth can the Chiefs players actually focus? Hell, how will the Panthers be able to focus?

Panthers interim general manager Brandon Beane says that the NFL has advised the team to travel to Kansas City as planned.
The team's charter plane is scheduled to leave for Kansas City from Charlotte at 1:15 p.m. on Saturday. This does not rule out the possibility of the game being cancelled, but it certainly looks as though the league intends for the game to be played.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/

Maybe the game gets pushed back to Monday night? The NFL has delayed games in the past.

Brutal story. Only compounds the nightmarish season that the Chiefs are suffering through.

I'm a little disgusted by the jokes people are making on twitter about how this might have fantasy implications.

I'm more disgusted that he killed his girlfriend and left their 3 month old child an orphan. Selfish.

This game should be canceled if Goodell had any sense.

Yeah, this will be interesting what decision he makes. I can't imagine he makes them play, especially with the suicide happening at the stadium.

You should see some of the tweets Matthew Berry has been getting after he tweeted for people to stop asking him about the fantasy implications. People are scum.

Also just saw a tweet from Art Jones saying Belcher was a childhood friend. Wow, did not realize that.

This game should be canceled if Goodell had any sense.

Very sad story.

Can an NFL game be outright cancelled? Wouldn't it have to made up at some point - and since we're so late in the season and the teams don't have coinciding bye weeks, I feel like delaying it until Monday night is the only realistic option.