Class of 2021 - OT Christopher Adams (MD) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 OT Christopher Adams (MD) Offered

I'm miffed who we are recruiting against. Are we in the ACC or the CAA?
Early in the cycle, the staffs hard at work making an impression on prospects other schools will offer this summer. Lets check some of these kid’s sheets in July.

This happens every year. We aren’t a “powerhouse program” hell if we take our orange colored glasses off we aren’t a program many recruits dream of going to, that’s just a fact. Therefore we have to be in early on these kids to develop relationships. Relationships at a school like Syracuse are far more important than a school like Clemson, Bama, FSU, etc...where the school, program and bright lights sell themselves. Kid’s get offered by those schools they don’t need a relationship, they just see the name, brand and want to commit. That’s just a fact, obviously relationships at those schools become important when you have multiple big boys after the same kid. We aren’t there yet!

That being said, this happens every year, we offer kids early with few to non impressive offers. These are the kids we get to commit early and then by signing day they have multiple P5 offers and you’ll even get the big boys trying to flip our kids we offer early. Devito, Richards, Benson, Iffy, Bergeron, Trill, Neil Nunn, Cantin-Arku, Courtney Jackson are all examples of kids that we offered early when there was literally no interest from other schools or very minimal

Then every year under Dino towards the end of the recruiting cycle we are fighting off Big Boys and landing our bigger name recruits at the end of the cycle. Cisco, Kinsler, Mikel Jones, Linton, Hendrix, Alford, Kpogba, Kingsley, Cooper Dawson, Qadir White, Drew Tuazama, Okechukwu are all examples of kids that were big recruiting wins at the end of the cycle with other big offers.

Syracuse has to play a different recruiting game, this staff realizes it and this is how it plays out EVERY YEAR with Dino’s staff. I expect this year to be no different.

First of all, if we had more subscribers at (insert any recruiting site) he'd probably be a high-3 star.

Second, think about (example player A, B, and C) from the last 5 years who eventually panned out. They only had G5 offers at best.

Finally, I'd rather have this guy than (much higher rated player who committed to rival school and held multiple P-5 offers) who is still living off of a few good camps during his sophomore year.

Trust the process, guys.

I get the general concern regarding the "lack or offers" for some of these prospects but I'd like to hear what some of the board coaches have to say after reviewing the tape on kids like this. This young man manhandled a lot of the players he lined up against when he was playing in the oline in his tape.

I’ll worry about their offer sheet late in the cycle, but not early in the cycle.

Someone has to be first. If we offered after 10 P5s did I’d think oh great. Some people ... stoopid. Kid is 6-4 270.
6’4 270...It would appear coach white likes his new d-linemen
09D11166-82A4-4DCF-99B9-4D0E36909903.gif

why is it scraping the barrle, some P5 school always has to be the first to offer. We happen to typically do that
Maybe that's why we've "happened" to make one bowl game in the last 6 years. I love following this program and the recruiting that it does but that being said, I really thoguht that there would have been a legitimate uptick in recruiting after the '18 win season but that just has not happened. It seems we are on the radar of some big time recruits, and sometimes make the kid's final list for schools but just simply cannot close the deal. Hope I'm wrong this year and Rooks, Bennett, and Deuce commit but with us already having 3 DL commits and looks like a 4th in McDonald, staff doesnt seem to be confident about Rooks or Bennett...

Maybe that's why we've "happened" to make one bowl game in the last 6 years. I love following this program and the recruiting that it does but that being said, I really thoguht that there would have been a legitimate uptick in recruiting after the '18 win season but that just has not happened. It seems we are on the radar of some big time recruits, and sometimes make the kid's final list for schools but just simply cannot close the deal. Hope I'm wrong this year and Rooks, Bennett, and Deuce commit but with us already having 3 DL commits and looks like a 4th in McDonald, staff doesnt seem to be confident about Rooks or Bennett...
Nelson is a DE. We have two other guys slotted for the interior. But who knows how they'll develop. Looking at our roster, we have some guys who can play but not a single interior DL who's 300 pounds. Obviously our DT's don't need to be Dexter Lawrence (340) - since we're switching to the 335. But having a few big/athletic guys in the 280-290 range to compete against power running teams (BC/Pitt) is sweet.

Last edited:
Nelson is a DE. We have two other guys slotted for the interior. But who knows how they'll develop. Looking at our roster, we have some guys who can play but not a single interior DL who's 300 pounds. I'm not saying all our DT's need to be Dexter Lawrence size (340) - we're switching to the 335. But to compete against big lines and power running teams (BC/Pitt) I'll take all the elephants we can get and let the staff figure it out later.
Both of those teams are moving away from power run. Well mostly BC

Both of those teams are moving away from power run. Well mostly BC
Let's put it this way - the staff obviously sees a need. Our LB's are bigger. Our secondary guys are bigger. So it doesn't surprise me, even with the 335, that we're recruiting athletic size on the DL. Kudos to the staff for identifying these guys. My post above was a response to someone who seemed 'concerned' that we were recruiting too many D-linemen - which is IMO the last thing we should be worried about. And for the record, BC/Pitt have historically had huge linemen on both sides of the ball (along with some other ACC teams). We play them every year, so I love the direction we're headed.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom