OT: Classic pitcher's duel at Citi Field | Syracusefan.com

OT: Classic pitcher's duel at Citi Field

moqui

generational talent
Santana has scattered 5 hits and struck out 8 through 5
Strasburgh spinning a 1 hitter with 6ks through 4

Nats lead 1-0, only run scored on a wild pitch

Ughh I think baseball is as popular as it is because there are no other sports om this time of the year.

S & S now each have 8 ks through 5 innings

mets cant go a week without getting killed by injuries. already 2 regulars in the lineup are hurt.

Nats will pull Strasburgh shortly. Need to keep his inning count down. :crazy::bat:

Nats will pull Strasburgh shortly. Need to keep his inning count down. :crazy::bat:
Mets have those concerns with Santana, too . . and there he goes

it's a bullpen battle now

Come on, this is Noel-only posting zone. And now you've apparently drawn out the "baseball is boring" crowd. Are you trying to ruin this place?

If Storen was healthy, I'd honestly put Washington's bullpen against just about anyone's. Clippard, Lidge, Rodriguez, Storen? Awesome.

Strasburg went 6 IP, 2 Hits, 9 K's, 3 BB's.

First time over 100 pitches.

Since most of you guys like baseball, try to post about it on the Sports board this season. Right now it's mostly CaliCuse over there posting to himself but it would be nice to have a legitimate discussion once in a while.

hes even more of a monster when he gets the calls hes been getting. that strikeout to bay was a joke.

hes even more of a monster when he gets the calls hes been getting. that strikeout to bay was a joke.
As were a few of the calls against him in the first and second innings.

Definitely a bad call, but if Strasburg ever gets consistent run support good luck trying to beat him.

Definitely a bad call, but if Strasburg ever gets consistent run support good luck trying to beat him.
Which he will, in time. This Nats team is still very young and inexperienced, but the core group of Zimmerman, Ramos, Desmond, Espinosa, Werth, Morse and eventually Harper and Anthony Rendon, among others, will be a solid offense. Not sure where Rendon will play, but still. The Nats have one hell of a talented young squad.

Which he will, in time. This Nats team is still very young and inexperienced, but the core group of Zimmerman, Ramos, Desmond, Espinosa, Werth, Morse and eventually Harper and Anthony Rendon, among others, will be a solid offense. Not sure where Rendon will play, but still. The Nats have one hell of a talented young squad.
True.

how can we truly care about this...what about Nerlen...and of course the Yankees...Mets are such losers...LOL....

Strasburg is incredible. The year he came up, he was probably the best (or at least the most effective) pitcher in baseball. a 2.91 ERA and 5.5 K's per walk. As a 21 year old! A pre injury Strasburg really did have a chance to be one of the all time great pitchers (and I would hate to put that on anyone). And so far, the post injury Strasburg doesn't seem like he has given much up.

As a Mets fan, injuries to Wright and Torres in first week are like a punch to the gut. I loved what I saw until last night. The truth is that the Phillies and Braves imo got worse. The Nats and Marlins got better and the Mets are about the same (about 75 wins), better if they stay healthy (unlikely). I think it will come down to what the Nats can get offensively if/when Morse comes back. They could be scary good.