Doug Marrone may be Fired by Jax; Replaced by Coughlin | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Doug Marrone may be Fired by Jax; Replaced by Coughlin

You have watched the Jags play right?
They make a TON of stupid personal foul penalties and completely undisciplined. Marrone is not Belichick.

The Boston media is off the charts stupid. They pollute the airwaves to get traffic. While Francesca can be annoying he is a treasure for NYC sports fans he doesn’t troll his audience.
Francesca insults his audience all the time. I've listened to the guy since day 1. His latest moronic take is that he would sell the farm to get Madison B. Madison has won a whopping 10 games over the last two years.

You have watched the Jags play right?
They make a TON of stupid personal foul penalties and completely undisciplined. Marrone is not Belichick.

The Boston media is off the charts stupid. They pollute the airwaves to get traffic. While Francesca can be annoying he is a treasure for NYC sports fans he doesn’t troll his audience.

I don't watch them every week. I have a life that can only consume the Patriots and whatever games played locally. I have seen them vs the Patriots 2x in past 12 months and in the playoffs last year. I just think no coach completely loses it to the point where he should lose his job.

I agree if it starts atrociously next year you get rid of him but literally at this time last year he was the hottest coach in the NFL not named McVay.

I don't watch them every week. I have a life that can only consume the Patriots and whatever games played locally. I have seen them vs the Patriots 2x in past 12 months and in the playoffs last year. I just think no coach completely loses it to the point where he should lose his job.

I agree if it starts atrociously next year you get rid of him but literally at this time last year he was the hottest coach in the NFL not named McVay.
I have a life too, and it has no room for the Patriots.

Last edited:
The league is a little tougher when ur facing Watson & Luck 4 times a year instead of Tom Savage and Jacoby Brissett.

Agreed, and Indy isn't going anywhere anytime soon with a healthy Luck, they have a TON of cap space this off season to add a few more key pieces as well

Francesca insults his audience all the time. I've listened to the guy since day 1. His latest moronic take is that he would sell the farm to get Madison B. Madison has won a whopping 10 games over the last two years.
Define sell the farm? Ask me who would I rather have between Paxton and Bumgarner it’s Mad-Bum all day long.
Now Paxton has 3 years of control and Bumgarner only has 1 year left.
However the Yankees used their best trade piece for Paxton in Sheffield as they won’t move Torres or so they say.
I would take Bumgarner because he is money in the postseason. I was afraid of the Yankees getting Goldschmit and Bumgarner this offseason.
Thankfully the first guy went to St. Louis I hope the Yankees don’t pursue Bumgarner and try to get Bauer or Grineke.

Define sell the farm? Ask me who would I rather have between Paxton and Bumgarner it’s Mad-Bum all day long.
Now Paxton has 3 years of control and Bumgarner only has 1 year left.
However the Yankees used their best trade piece for Paxton in Sheffield as they won’t move Torres or so they say.
I would take Bumgarner because he is money in the postseason. I was afraid of the Yankees getting Goldschmit and Bumgarner this offseason.
Thankfully the first guy went to St. Louis I hope the Yankees don’t pursue Bumgarner and try to get Bauer or Grineke.
When is the last time you saw Bumgarner pitch? The people in S.F. say he isn't the same. And 10 wins over two years says they are probably right. Oh, and I think the yanks should get Zach G. Arizona will give him away. He has pitched and been successful in the A.L. And is a big time pitcher. Neither Madison or Paxton has pitched in hitter friendly A.L. East parks.

When is the last time you saw Bumgarner pitch? The people in S.F. say he isn't the same. And 10 wins over two years says they are probably right. Oh, and I think the yanks should get Zach G. Arizona will give him away. He has pitched and been successful in the A.L. And is a big time pitcher. Neither Madison or Paxton has pitched in hitter friendly A.L. East parks.
Madison Bumgarner Stats | Baseball-Reference.com
Bumgarner got hurt dirt biking last year which cut his season in half,
He gave up less than a hit per inning and almost a K per inning last year.
He didn’t suck and not the same pitcher.
Bumgarner isn’t done he is 29. His injuries have been more because of his stupidity rather than because his stuff has diminished. I don’t want Bumgarner on the Yankees pitching in YS.

Madison Bumgarner Stats | Baseball-Reference.com
Bumgarner got hurt dirt biking last year which cut his season in half,
He gave up less than a hit per inning and almost a K per inning last year.
He didn’t suck and not the same pitcher.
Bumgarner isn’t done he is 29. His injuries have been more because of his stupidity rather than because his stuff has diminished. I don’t want Bumgarner on the Yankees pitching in YS.
He has also pitched in the pitcher friendly national league west parks. If the yanks want to give up torres or the 3rd baseman, I am all for it.

No way he doesn't get another shot at HC. No way. He was the coach of the year last year.
He wasn't coach of the year. And not many people get to be the head coach of 3 different teams in the NFL. And the ones that do are very rare. I don't see Marrone as that "rare" head coach everyone wants

He wasn't coach of the year. And not many people get to be the head coach of 3 different teams in the NFL. And the ones that do are very rare. I don't see Marrone as that "rare" head coach everyone wants
we'll see

Agreed, and Indy isn't going anywhere anytime soon with a healthy Luck, they have a TON of cap space this off season to add a few more key pieces as well

Frank Reich is going to be a heck of an NFL coach, they lucked out when McDaniels backed out on them, I think Reich will go down as twice the HC Josh McDaniels ever will (remember Josh McDaniels has already failed miserably once)

The league is a little tougher when ur facing Watson & Luck 4 times a year instead of Tom Savage and Jacoby Brissett.

Yep. The stars aligned for the Jags last season.

Frank Reich is going to be a heck of an NFL coach, they lucked out when McDaniels backed out on them, I think Reich will go down as twice the HC Josh McDaniels ever will (remember Josh McDaniels has already failed miserably once)

I agree. Reich could turn out to be the head coach that everyone thought about hiring and now wished they did. He seems to be a smart dude that players really like. He will turn out to be better thanks McDaniels IMO. bills fans may be kicking themselves soon too with regard to Reich.

I agree that Reich will be strong. But I disagree that McDaniels failed miserably in Denver.
In his first season, as a 33-year old, he takes a Denver team to 8-8 (after starting 6-0) with Kyle Orton as his qb... in year 2, they get off to a bad start and he’s canned. Not exactly a huge body of work and I can find probably 100 new coaches over the past 25 years who’ve done worse.

But yes, he did ultimately fail. This is more of a semantics thing.

TC wants to be a coach so bad, and everyone can see it. Maybe what he should have done was be a GM and upgrade the QB position.
Well, no matter how much you defend The Saint™, a good coach should be able to coach up what he is given.

This year, he hasn't done that. I know, injuries have played a role. But if he is a good as you (and others on this board) think he is, a 5-11 season (which is what it is looking like) is certainly at least a letdown and disappointment, and at most, a fireable offense.

As to TC, who knows? But to say he sabotaged his coach before the season even began by not upgrading the QB position just so he could fire Doug "The Saint™" Marrone and get himself back on the field next year when he'll be 73 years old is just, well, another tinfoil hat conspiracy theory.

{anxiously awaiting response with yet another conspiracy theory}

Well, no matter how much you defend The Saint™, a good coach should be able to coach up what he is given.

This year, he hasn't done that. I know, injuries have played a role. But if he is a good as you (and others on this board) think he is, a 5-11 season (which is what it is looking like) is certainly at least a letdown and disappointment, and at most, a fireable offense.

As to TC, who knows? But to say he sabotaged his coach before the season even began by not upgrading the QB position just so he could fire Doug "The Saint™" Marrone and get himself back on the field next year when he'll be 73 years old is just, well, another tinfoil hat conspiracy theory.

{anxiously awaiting response with yet another conspiracy theory}
I didn't say that but it is a bad look. The announcers at the game this week said how much he wants to be coaching. Personnel is his main job though, right?

4-9 isn't a good look for Doug M.

Parcells had an awful first season with the Giants.

After four years Belichick ended with I think a five win season.

This year Eagles' HC Doug Pederson is 6-7 after winning the Super Bowl.

Has he regressed as a coach?

I don't think so.

I think he has been victimized by some questionable personnel decisions and by a endless series of injuries on the defensive side of the ball.

Doug Marrone is a very talented HC.

If Jacksonville shows some patience and upgrades a few positions he will win games. .