OT - Dr. Pepper Challenge, halftime of SEC Championship | Syracusefan.com

OT - Dr. Pepper Challenge, halftime of SEC Championship

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
I just happened to turn the TV on and caught that part of halftime of the SEC championship. Did anybody else see this?

Anyway, they introduce the two kids, they both look like decently athletic guys. They have to throw a football through a target from a certain distance as many times as they can within some time period.

Where it got interesting is that they one kid completely demolished the other kid. The losing kid didn't even do badly. He hit on most of his throws it looked like. He was so much slower though because he was throwing proper football passes. Pick the ball up, find the laces, wind up and pitch.

The winner though was rifling two handed chest passes at the target. He saved so much time doing it that way because it was a much more compact motion, got into a rhythm, and just ran away with the tuition money.

Anyway, wanted to point it out because I thought the kid was brilliant. I haven't ever seen that approach in a contest like that, but afterwards it made total sense. The objective is to throw as many footballs through the target as possible. Tight spirals don't matter. Having NFL look-a-like mechanics doesn't matter. Just hit the target as much as you can, as fast as you can, and at least in this case throwing two handed chest passes is the way to go.

Good out of the box thinking and it probably would work in games as well depending on what you're trying to accomplish.

The kid who won the Dr. Pepper challenge during the ACC championship did the same thing. I wonder if they will change the rules next year.

Saw the same thing, they mentioned that the kid played basketball, which led him to his style. Can't say I blame him for using what looked to be a superior style.

I just happened to turn the TV on and caught that part of halftime of the SEC championship. Did anybody else see this?

Anyway, they introduce the two kids, they both look like decently athletic guys. They have to throw a football through a target from a certain distance as many times as they can within some time period.

Where it got interesting is that they one kid completely demolished the other kid. The losing kid didn't even do badly. He hit on most of his throws it looked like. He was so much slower though because he was throwing proper football passes. Pick the ball up, find the laces, wind up and pitch.

The winner though was rifling two handed chest passes at the target. He saved so much time doing it that way because it was a much more compact motion, got into a rhythm, and just ran away with the tuition money.

Anyway, wanted to point it out because I thought the kid was brilliant. I haven't ever seen that approach in a contest like that, but afterwards it made total sense. The objective is to throw as many footballs through the target as possible. Tight spirals don't matter. Having NFL look-a-like mechanics doesn't matter. Just hit the target as much as you can, as fast as you can, and at least in this case throwing two handed chest passes is the way to go.
That's great

The kid that won the SEC competition thanked someone for giving him something to practice on, and a school for their facilities for it. He obviously put the time in, good for him.

really 15 ft and su has people try to make 50 yd field goals for $1000.

Watched it, it was comical.

Watched it, it was comical.
For sure. At first I thought he looked like a stooge, then as he kept nailing his shots I was getting all kinds of fired up for the guy.

For sure. At first I thought he looked like a stooge, then as he kept nailing his shots I was getting all kinds of fired up for the guy.
I think you can hear a few boos when he starts. Then, people are like, "Damn, sh**'s working!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom