OT: Dreaming SU | Syracusefan.com

OT: Dreaming SU

texascpa

Living Legend
First game of the season. I start watching SU versus Auburn on the internet before I think to myself "hey, you have ESPN Gameplan on Directv. Check those channels for game". YES! Jackpot, game is on tv. It looks to be at Auburn because it's outdoors and the stadium is full. We got ball first and we go three and out thanks to some sporadic throws by our new QB, who I can't identify (I think it's Loeb, but announcers don't mention his name). We hold Auburn to three and out. Defense is fired up. Next drive, we take it to the endzone after a nice deep 40 yard pass to an announced Marcus Sales - did he get another year of eligibility? ;) Running game is dominating this drive and is how we scored. Jerome Smith from about 7 yards out.

Auburn gets the ball back and they end up taking it for a score. 7-7. Now this is where it gets strange...

We get ball deep in our end. I see a grey-haired, tall, older coach calling the offensive play. Then next thing I remember we fumble...or not, because quickly after the fumble we are lined up to punt. But it looks like we have about 20 guys out on the field for the punt. There is also a group of a mix of reporters, fans and SU players standing on the field about 20 yards behind Auburn. I try to count the number of guys we have on the field, but the punt happens to quickly. The motley group spreads out and fortunately does not impede our punt coverage, but it's Auburn's ball from about the 50. I congratulate the punter on about a 35 yard punt - WHAT, I on the field??? How did that happen?

Next thing I know, I'm awake. Dammit. Two more months.

There must be a group somewhere you can join.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom