Class of 2021 - OT Enrique A. Cruz Jr (IL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 OT Enrique A. Cruz Jr (IL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20)

Every year Babers does this. Our best recruits always are the latest of the recruiting cycle.

Without a doubt our best 4 recruits are the last 4 recruits to commit. However, this class being 20 deep and I think this is a deep class. There’s a few of these kids in this class that is they develop as expected will be playing on Sundays. LOVEEEEEE what the staff did on both sides of line. That’s where games are won and lost. Not to mention we added a top 25 QB. This class is way better than 12th is the ACC and how about Cruz gets us to 45 in the nation. Get another commit or two here soon and we are a top 40 class. That’s solid

13th in the ACC you say -
30F8BA81-0E57-444B-8F74-2725E434332E.gif

Really Really nice get. Key now is to keep these high end guys committed if the season on the field gets away from us this fall. We know the big boys are gonna come calling here, but its really a testimant to how underrated this class is. Cruz and Chestnut are clearly 4 star guys.

Last edited:
I just danced in private in my bathroom.
And I have a feeling I wasn't the only one.

The future is truly shaping up.

Dear Enrique,

1599523492303.jpeg

SyraCruz indeed. Quite a massive haul for OL in this class (literally and figuratively speaking).

Love that his commit video showed off his family, heritage and the SU program.

Kid looks like he’s already got the Ohana part down.

Every year Babers does this. Our best recruits always are the latest of the recruiting cycle.

Without a doubt our best 4 recruits are the last 4 recruits to commit. However, this class being 20 deep and I think this is a deep class. There’s a few of these kids in this class that is they develop as expected will be playing on Sundays. LOVEEEEEE what the staff did on both sides of line. That’s where games are won and lost. Not to mention we added a top 25 QB. This class is way better than 12th is the ACC and how about Cruz gets us to 45 in the nation. Get another commit or two here soon and we are a top 40 class. That’s solid
I don't think it's "without a doubt at all.'

Lamson, Hough, etc.

Not saying your premise is "wrong," for the record - cuseman4 -- love your posts.

I just believe that this class is STACKED, top to bottom, with quality.

Last edited:
Awesome commit !!!! this class looks like it might be the best class under Babers and staff yet, I have a gut feeling after this year we will see more than a handful of players hitting the transfer portal due to the fact that they do not fit the new system any thoughts ?

I don't think it's "without a doubt at all.'

Lamson, Hough, etc.

Not saying your premise is "wrong," for the record - cuseman4 -- love your posts.

I just believe that this class is STACKED, top to bottom, with quality.

Hough and a couple others in this class are so grossly underrated by the services that it’s almost criminal.

Cruz is a strong closing job by the staff, guy did nothing but get more and more offers. Really nice job!

Last edited: