Class of 2021 - OT Enrique A. Cruz Jr (IL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 OT Enrique A. Cruz Jr (IL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20)

I honestly had no clue this was coming, it was such a great surprise to open the board and see this commitment video.as everyone said this is a big time get and if we start locking up kids like this regularly we will very quickly fix a whole lot of our problems and start competing with the top of the ACC

welcome aboard Cruz!

This kid is a dump truck going down a hill. He’s big enough to manhandle opposing blitzers, but nimble enough to kick it outside and lead a pull or sweep. He will likely be protecting Lamson’s blindside for a few years when we’re competing in the CFP.

Kudos to the staff. This is easily their best class so far in the Babers era. Love it.

Nice job by the staff. If I remember correctly he had a really good visit. Never discount a great visit with the family. Good stuff and welcome Enrique. Big uglies...gotta love it!
1AA2ECFA-F895-455F-81D9-4560F0285B76.gif

Extremely important pickup**** for Syracuse University Football. Syracuse University has had a lot of success with Illinois players and young Mr. Cruz will just raise the bar. Talk about a big position of need getting a much needed boost. All the offensive line recruits in this class with help build that position group into a team strength. Congratulations young Mr. Cruz on your choice of Syracuse University Football. Orange Nation can't wait to see you in action. Great job Syracuse Coaches and Recruiting Staff. Keep them coming, Go Orange!!!!!!1

And like Chestnut, immediately downgraded
You might be looking at the composite instead of the 2–4–7 rating. I did the same. He’s still a 4 star in the later.

Kid looks like he can move his feet.

If all of these players qualify and matriculate at SU, this is the best class in 20 years.

You might be looking at the composite instead of the 2–4–7 rating. I did the same. He’s still a 4 star in the later.

I really wish that 247 would do away with the Composite. It made sense when 247 was trying to establish itself as a niche thing. They’re established now and imo put a lot more effort into their evaluations than the other 2 sites combined.

Cruz is a 91 4 star in the 247 Top 247, and a low 3 star at Rivals.

I really wish that 247 would do away with the Composite. It made sense when 247 was trying to establish itself as a niche thing. They’re established now and imo put a lot more effort into their evaluations than the other 2 sites combined.

Agreed. They are promoting an inferior product that relies on competitors with less infrastructure.

I thought the assessment by Trueu was very fair. No question he has a nice frame and unusual athletic ability. The question with him is power; raw strength. Can he overpower DL consistently? Can he open holes for the running game? Pretty sure he is going to be great with pass protection from day one.

As with many of our recruits, he is going to have to work to be really good. It sounds like he will be willing to put the work in.

Who else puts out recruiting rankings? ESPN? B/c if it's just rivals, that's not much of a composite.

Adios! LETS GO!

Edit: not what I typed but whatevs...lets go!

I’m trying to watch the second half of his commitment video. Would anyone have a link to it?

the current link says video unavailable
Its playing for me. Just click on the the button right from the post.

I have a Q+A coming with Cruz on Wednesday. Couple things that won't really get into the story:

1. The kid is super smart and well-spoken for his age. He answered 20 questions, thoughtfully, in like 12 minutes.
2. Coach tells me Michigan and Clemson checked in on him as a "wait-and-see" guy before he chose SU. Both really liked him but wanted to see his senior year first.

I have a Q+A coming with Cruz on Wednesday. Couple things that won't really get into the story:

1. The kid is super smart and well-spoken for his age. He answered 20 questions, thoughtfully, in like 12 minutes.
2. Coach tells me Michigan and Clemson checked in on him as a "wait-and-see" guy before he chose SU. Both really liked him but wanted to see his senior year first.
Is he solid if gets an offer from them?

Is he solid if gets an offer from them?

I'd assume so. He said his final 3 schools were the ones that prioritized him the most and Michigan and Clemson haven't done that.

Edit: Just to add here, finishing the recruiting process early was super important to him. He was overwhelmed with all the calls and attention and getting things wrapped up before the season was a priority.