OT: Fantasy Sports and Streaming... Ethical? | Syracusefan.com

OT: Fantasy Sports and Streaming... Ethical?

Is streaming during playoffs of fantasy leagues unethical?

• Yes.

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orangepace

2018 Cali Winner: Tackles
I'm in an argument with someone regarding the ethics involved with streaming players in a fantasy league playoff format. The question is based on the following argument:

Ethical - To play with the players you drafted/acquired through free agency without succoming to the pressure to add/drop frequently come playoffs in order to try to win categories where the highest total wins... For example Hits in a baseball league.. whomever gets the most hits per week wins that category.

Unethical - To stream players in order to accumulate the highest total categories in a playoff format truly steps away from the premise for playing fantasy sports. It doesn't take a great fantasy player to understand that if you add/drop throughout playoffs you will have more opportunities to generate higher totals, however, it devalues the prestige of being league champion if this strategy is exercised because it's not what the true spirit of fantasy sports.

Have a deadline to add/drop before playoffs start, or set a limit on transactions per week

Ethics don't matter.

Set up the rules the way you want them, then take advantage of those rules as much as you can.

Ethics don't matter.

Set up the rules the way you want them, then take advantage of those rules as much as you can.
They don't? So it's ok to send a kid a bag of cash to get him to sign? The commish set the rules and is the one streaming.. kind of low brow.

If everyone has the option, it's fair game.

Like someone else said, you add the rule to limit transaction if you want to avoid such shenanigans.

If it's a keeper league that usually limits such things, if it's not a keeper - everyone can do it so you live with it.

Go with 3-6 moves a week for weekly head to head leagues.

If you want to go even deeper - change Ks to K9 or K/BB.

I've always switched players in and out through my 6 years playing for money. I never had more than one position bench player, and switched the bottom of my rotation on the reg. It really makes a difference. Unless there are add/drop limits, it's fair game my friend.

I've won 4 leagues this way and came in second in the other 2.

I'm sure there's an off topic board this can fall under.

I'm sure there's an off topic board this can fall under.
Yeah, this is going to push one of the 75 Noel threads off the first page.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom