OT - High School hoops | Syracusefan.com

OT - High School hoops

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
Just curious if any of you could report if your local high schools are playing hoops currently, and if so, are the kids wearing masks during the games or not.

Vermont has not started yet, and don't know when they will start, and the kids will be forced to wear masks. My kid is handling this far better than his mother and I are.

New York on hold...

The window for winter sports in Section III has been shortened to a stretch between Jan. 4 and Feb. 28. Fall sports season II, which could include football and volleyball, is set to start March 1.

Section III executive director John Rathbun and other local and state high school officials are waiting to wipe away winter high-risk sports until February draws closer. If those sports get approval within the next couple of weeks, that would leave roughly two or three weeks of potential competition after they squeeze in the required practice time.

Just curious if any of you could report if your local high schools are playing hoops currently, and if so, are the kids wearing masks during the games or not.

Vermont has not started yet, and don't know when they will start, and the kids will be forced to wear masks. My kid is handling this far better than his mother and I are.

We're playing down here in Texas. (I'm in The Woodlands, suburb north of Houston.) No masks for the players from what I can see in pictures (haven't been to a game myself, though).

Governor gave the okay to move to contact practices starting on Monday. I hope coach takes liberty and starts tomorrow with the boys.

Hope is one week of this and we can finally move to games.

Governor gave the okay to move to contact practices starting on Monday. I hope coach takes liberty and starts tomorrow with the boys.

What year is your son? Hope he gets something of a season! In the big picture it might not be the most important thing, but it sure would stink to miss a season, especially a senior season ( for parent as well as high schooler).

What year is your son? Hope he gets something of a season! In the big picture it might not be the most important thing, but it sure would stink to miss a season, especially a senior season ( for parent as well as high schooler).
He’s a senior. Starter. Hopefully a captain. It’s been a hell of a year.

My daughter is missing out on her silly six year old non stop comedy league and my son is missing 3rd/4th grade cyo. My genes have a great propensity for dominating in elementary school, the clock is ticking before he's washed up.

I would be so sad to see my kids lose high school stuff. At least now that can play with each other and goof off outside with neighbors.

Nothing in CNY. The last “start date” was supposed to be Jan. 4, but then it got pushed back indefinitely. Sadly, it ain’t happening.

I would hope King Cuomo gives spring sports a go. Outside games coupled with more people being vaccinated.

I would hope King Cuomo gives spring sports a go. Outside games coupled with more people being vaccinated.

Some fall sports got played. Basically everything but football, I think. So I would think spring sports would be in the clear?

Lax there's some hitting and close contact. Baseball/Softball, Tennis, Track & Field are more spread out.

Lax there's some hitting and close contact. Baseball/Softball, Tennis, Track & Field are more spread out.
The intent here is to have lax season as normal. Just all the kids will wear masks. Same for baseball. Indoor track got cancelled up here - winter sport but they were concerned about the sizes of the teams.

Where

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom