OT: Honda Michael Bolton commericals... | Syracusefan.com

OT: Honda Michael Bolton commericals...

Eric15

Living Legend
"Boy, these Michael Bolton Honda commericals are excellent. I am going to go out and buy a Honda as a result of seeing it." -Said no one ever

detail.jpg

eao1115 said:
"Boy, these Michael Bolton Honda commericals are excellent. I am going to go out and buy a Honda as a result of seeing it." -Said no one ever

They are terrible

In the midst of eighties hair bands, Michael Bolton hit the scene. Awesome song. Then it went out of print, and he took a horrible turn toward adult contemporary crap.

Enjoy

Im thinking MB had something to blackmail Honda with so they agreed to let him ruin sales.

Now on the other hand, the Ron Burgundy/Dodge Durango commercials are great. I'm not even mad, that's amazing...

Obviously, Toyota's shooting for the soccer moms this year.
Time to kick this thread up a notch.

That might work if Toyota was hawking seaplanes, Tee!!

If ever a picture needed a dirty photoshop it's that still photo of Kenny G on that YouTube video.
I can't believe you made me look. Sneaky, slippery sucker. Damn.

I can't believe you made me look. Sneaky, slippery sucker. Damn.
I just hope Lawrinson doesn't decide to take that picture and treat us to "Kenny G Meets Lexington Steel."

I just hope Lawrinson doesn't decide to take that picture and treat us to "Kenny G Meets Lexington Steel."
Who here hasn't played their share of tenor sax? :oops:

Dammit, now I feel stupid for buying a Honda after seeing the commercial. Oh well.

Someone probably saw the 'Lonely Island' pirates song/video three years after everyone else and thought they were being clever.

The winner of the worst holiday advertising. What marketing manager in his right mind would ever approve of this whiny, screaming has been to advertise their product.
I thought those Michael Bolton ads were a goof, but just possibly Honda feels that their target audience are those women (40-65?) who like Bolton. I know it's hard for us to comprehend but women generally control the major buying decisions.

Honda has to be goofing on Bolton...

By the way, today's random music trivia nugget from the disturbing brain of iommi:

Michael Bolton co-wrote the KISS song, "Forever," a minor 1989 hit ballad.

The winner of the worst holiday advertising. What marketing manager in his right mind would ever approve of this whiny, screaming has been to advertise their product.

As somebody that works in advertising, this is probably how it went down.

Some too-cool for school/hipster brooklynites were tasked with the project. The client said they wanted something "attention grabbing", something that will "pop amongst the clutter". The fresh out of school cool cats decide that they should make the commercial somewhat amusing.

After racking their brains, they decide that uncool Michael Bolton, who they probably learned about in the film Office Space, would be a nice "tongue in cheek" addition to the ad. I mean, c'mon...it's michael Bolton.

That's hysterical...

The client, trying to seem hip and cool, folds to the cool hipsters who claim "their generation will love it". After all, that's all these 40+ year old suit wearing stiffs care about.

And that is probably how it went down. Words in quotes are things I hear almost every day.

These are all tongue in cheek. If that escaped you, I don't know what to say. They're hilarious.

Yeah, and I think the 'tongue in cheek' factor probably stems from this type of video, as opposed to the reference made in the 'Office Space' movie. Which is probably old enough now where it doesn't resonate that much.

Nothing is worse then these ultra depressing commercials during the Breaking Bad marathon.

At least when Michael Bolton had long hair he had an "identity." What the F does he have now? I don't picture him driving a Honda, I picture him driving a windowless van full of "puppies and candy."

Nothing is worse then these ultra depressing commercials during the Breaking Bad marathon.
On that note it's kind of ironic that they are showing abused animal commercials during the marathon, considering that's what Vince Gilligan always compared Jesse to when talking about his character.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom