Class of 2017 - OT Isaiah Wilson (NY) Committed to UGA | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 OT Isaiah Wilson (NY) Committed to UGA

The best players from NYS continue to be followers, not leaders.
Sorry - that is idiotic. Throw away you Syracuse bias and put yourself in a NYC high school senior's shoes (that has probably never been far outside NYC and then treated like a king on beautiful campuses with ridiculous facilities) while being recruited by every school in the country. You are not picking Syracuse over Alabama, Michigan, USC, Georgia or LSU. Everyone out here is a SU fan - but given the factors and an immediate losing history of playing in a half filled Dome anyone who says they'd pick SU is kidding themselves. To call this kid a follower rather than a leader is ridiculous and an insult to a kid you have no clue about.

Sorry - that is idiotic. Throw away you Syracuse bias and put yourself in a NYC high school senior's shoes (that has probably never been far outside NYC and then treated like a king on beautiful campuses with ridiculous facilities) while being recruited by every school in the country. You are not picking Syracuse over Alabama, Michigan, USC, Georgia or LSU. Everyone out here is a SU fan - but given the factors and an immediate losing history of playing in a half filled Dome anyone who says they'd pick SU is kidding themselves. To call this kid a follower rather than a leader is ridiculous and an insult to a kid you have no clue about.

This. Syracuse biased and I still would have a tough time picking Syracuse over the Likes of Alabama.

might he consider an unofficial to Cuse if they surprise and put up a 7-5 or 8-4 record, or is he a no shot at all guy?

not that i'd plan on 7-5 or anything.

kev

No chance at all. Might as well lock it.

I don't think we even have a shot with a middling prospect from Poly Prep until we are a top 25 team again.

I don't think we even have a shot with a middling prospect from Poly Prep until we are a top 25 team again.
The landscape has changed at Poly. Their Rutgers Alum/ND Fanboy head coach left for Mater Dei in NJ. A handful of his top players followed him there as well.
He also took his big time $ guy with him so the effects will likely be:

- Cuse has as good a shot at Poly Players as anyone else going forward (Wilson notwithstanding)
- The days of Poly being stacked with NYC's elite players is prob coming to an end. The scholarship $ just won't be there anymore to cherry pick the best kids coming out of youth football. They will still produce D1 players but highly unlikely it will be at the same pace they have done

True, i got recruited for baseball and fb in hs. At the end of the day it was Sexier to go and play baseball in florida than it was to go to Union or Cortland to play fb. Totally get it.

Basic mindset of some of our fan base is that football players who choose to go to a powerhouse are followers but that any basketball player who would choose a less prestigious school closer to home is afraid of competition or something to that effect.

Basic mindset of some of our fan base is that football players who choose to go to a powerhouse are followers but that any basketball player who would choose a less prestigious school closer to home is afraid of competition or something to that effect.
Yup

True, i got recruited for baseball and fb in hs. At the end of the day it was s e xier to go and play baseball in florida than it was to go to Union or Cortland to play fb. Totally get it.

Agreed. Nothing sexy about playing football at Cortland :p

speaking of which, anyone heard anything about Romello Martin lately?

Whoa! Dude...you just like...read my mind, or something...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom