OT: Kelly Bryant not getting a ring.. | Syracusefan.com

OT: Kelly Bryant not getting a ring..

djorange1989

Living Legend
I am not knocking Kelly Bryant for making a decision that he felt was right for him and his future. However, why the hell would he be given a championship ring when he left 4 games into the season? I know he put in the hard work his entire time there, he helped other players get better in practice etc. but sorry I don't see any controversy here.

GBO, what do you think?

Dabo: QB Bryant wasn't on team, won't get ring

He purposefully quit when he did in order to ensure he'd have eligibility for this year. If he did not quit when he did, his college career would be done. I'm fine with him not having it both ways. Now, if he decided not to play this year, i'd be fine with him getting his ring since he participated during the season (i.e., helped earn the ring).

Eh, does seem a little petty. It's a non-story if they gave him one. Not giving him one is a story.

Not apples to apples (as Bryant left on his own volition), but food for thought from another sport:

I am not knocking Kelly Bryant for making a decision that he felt was right for him and his future. However, why the hell would he be given a championship ring when he left 4 games into the season? I know he put in the hard work his entire time there, he helped other players get better in practice etc. but sorry I don't see any controversy here.

GBO, what do you think?

Ye reap what ye sow

The big question is did gbo get a ring?

Probably not, but the boosters who paid for their practice facility likely did.

This is extremely petty on Dabo's part. You don't sniff the title picture without Bryant beating TAMU at TAMU. He's taken a few jabs at Kelly since he left the school.

Kid bolted in the middle of the season, and as we well know, his replacement was hurt immediately. He put Clemson in a terrible spot because he was pouting. Sure it may be petty to not give him a ring, but sometimes it's perfectly fine to be petty.

Probably not, but the boosters who paid for their practice facility likely did.

This is extremely petty on Dabo's part. You don't sniff the title picture without Bryant beating TAMU at TAMU. He's taken a few jabs at Kelly since he left the school.
I get what you are saying, he had a tough call to make switching QBs.
I don't know the full story of what they said back and forth to each other but some bad blood between the two now.

Kid bolted in the middle of the season, and as we well know, his replacement was hurt immediately. He put Clemson in a terrible spot because he was protecting a final full year of eligibility.
Sure it may be petty to not give him a ring, but sometimes it's perfectly fine to be petty.

He did play in those other games, which they won, and of course for several prior years too.

IF this was Dabo's decision, then he's a dabo-bag.
IF this was put up to a team vote, and they decided not to give it to him, then so be it.

He did play in those other games, which they won, and of course for several prior years too.

IF this was Dabo's decision, then he's a dabo-bag.
IF this was put up to a team vote, and they decided not to give it to him, then so be it.

I get that he played, but it's a really, really terrible thing to bail on your teammates like that. Particularly because he was one bad hit away from being the starting QB again.

To me this is a very unique circumstance.

He could’ve stuck around and sacrificed for the team and been the backup if he wanted to.

He chose not to.

And I don’t necessarily blame him. But he made an individual decision to leave the team(which he knew had a great shot at a championship) in the middle of the season, which hurts the team. No ring. Can’t always have it both ways.

GBO, what do you think?

I honestly don't care either way. He did help us beat A&M but he also quit on his team. Bryant could have went to Dabo, said he was going to transfer but remain on the team, and there wouldn't have been any issues. I know he feels that he didn't get a fair shake but he did get equal snaps. There isn't a team in college that is going to sit Lawrence.