Kendall Briles to FSU OC? | Syracusefan.com

Kendall Briles to FSU OC?

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Rumor from HokieMark...on CSNBBS

Makes sense but maybe they need a few OL too.

We could be seeing something similar to ourselves in Tallahassee this year

Rumor from HokieMark...on CSNBBS

Makes sense but maybe they need a few OL too.

We could be seeing something similar to ourselves in Tallahassee this year

Boo. Stay away FSU

Bound to happen as the coaching tree grows. Is the success simply in the system or more dependent upon the coach coaching the system?

Bound to happen as the coaching tree grows. Is the success simply in the system or more dependent upon the coach coaching the system?

I would say it only matters if the HC is not fully committed to it. We're not just talking about different plays. We're talking about a philosophy change that affects virtually everything you do as a program.

Briles brings a name and that’s about it. Taggart will be lucky if he makes it through next season. The alumni and boosters hate him and everything he’s trying to change at FSU. FSU boosters and alums would rather see an SEC style product that is boring as heck to watch but a winner only because the roster is full of five star recruits.

Briles also strongly considerly an offer from Tennessee, but if he went there, he would not have been able to bring Clements with him. That made the decision to head to Tallahassee a lot easier. Clements coached the Baylor OL through their glory years. He should know how to coach OL in this system better than anyone.

No hand wringing here. I think the concern is the Baylor offense (Dino's offense) with FSU talent versus what Taggert was trying to run.

Yep. Bring it on. I actually see about three years down the road 4 of the Atlantic Division teams (Clemson, FSU, NC State, and us) operating at a consistently good-to-great level while the Coastal continues to struggle with getting two teams consistently operating at a good-to-great level. Especially since I see VT and Miami both looking for new coaches by then if not sooner simply because the expectations at both won't settle for 7-8 win seasons. Virginia could be the sleeper and Pitt will continue sPitting along with 7-8 wins a year and be fine with that despite playing in a "down" division.

Cheers,
Neil

The interesting thing is, because both offenses are from the same philosophy, both coaches also have an idea how to defend it (what gives them trouble).

I think this’ll make for a very fun chess match.

While hiring Briles is important for F$U, hiring Clements is even more important because their OL is a sieve right now. If their OL doesn't show major improvements pronto, it won't matter who is the HC or the OC because they'll still struggle to be mediocre.

2 thoughts:

1. They gave up on Taggert’s gulf coast offense awfully quick. Interesting to see if they have the patience to stick with Briles through growing pains.

2. The longer I see what Babers has tried to do here the more I see that value in the philosophy AND offensive system working together. HC can implement it all - S&C, DC, going for it on 4th D, etc. Depends on who has Taggert’s ear - boosters or Briles. Might be a toe in, rather than all in.

2 thoughts:

1. They gave up on Taggert’s gulf coast offense awfully quick. Interesting to see if they have the patience to stick with Briles through growing pains.

2. The longer I see what Babers has tried to do here the more I see that value in the philosophy AND offensive system working together. HC can implement it all - S&C, DC, going for it on 4th D, etc. Depends on who has Taggert’s ear - boosters or Briles. Might be a toe in, rather than all in.

Again, imho, FSU going to the no huddle Briles offense nuetralizes their talent advantage.

No hand wringing here. I think the concern is the Baylor offense (Dino's offense) with FSU talent versus what Taggert was trying to run.
Some are hand wringing though. There have always been multiple teams running similar schemes in college football. Different coaches have different success. I have faith in Dino and it helps that we have a head start.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom