Class of 2018 - OT Koda Martin (Texas A&M) Grad Transfer to SYRACUSE | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 OT Koda Martin (Texas A&M) Grad Transfer to SYRACUSE

JackBauer44

'18 & / '21 Cali Winner: Receiving & Rushing Yards
Starting this thread now, because people eventually will start asking and it’s a definite possibility.

Koda Martin, son of our new QB coach Kirk Martin. Went to Texas A&M as a three star prospect. 6’6 245 pound TE/OL/DE prospect with offers from all the big guys in the south. Took a redshirt freshman year and turned himself into a 6’6 310 pound tackle. Married Dino’s daughter as well.

Koda Martin - 2017 Football Roster - Texas A&M University Athletics Department

2017 (Junior)
Appeared in 12 games making 10 starts on the offensive line … helped clear the way for the Aggie offense that averaged 389.6 yards per game … assisted in the offense gaining 285 yards on the ground against Arkansas … was a starter against New Mexico in which the Aggies gained 562 yards … awarded the Weight Room MVP at the team’s annual banquet.
2016 (Sophomore)
Saw action in all 13 games, including four starts (three at offensive tackle, one at tight end) ... was the Aggies’ top backup at both tackle spots ... helped clear the way for a balanced Aggie offense that gained 467.0 yards per game, with 211.8 rushing and 250.0 passing yards per game ... offense rushed for more than 200 yards in seven games and had 350-plus yards vs. Arkansas and Tennessee.
2015 (Freshman)
Listed as the Aggies’ top backup at both offensive tackle spots ... fell on a fumble in the endzone for a touchdown against Ball State ... saw action in eight games ... named to the SEC Academic Honor Roll.
Redshirted ... earned scout team Offensive MVP at the 2014 team banquet.

Jack, why are you concluding that it's a "definite possibility"? Just because of the relationship or because Koda has made hints of going elsewhere for his Sr. year? Also, he's already redshirted, so would he be considered a graduate-transfer, and won't have to sit?

If he has graduated, he will have 1 year to play wherever (as long as they offer a major that A&M didn't) regardless of whether he has already redshirted or not.

Jack, why are you concluding that it's a "definite possibility"? Just because of the relationship or because Koda has made hints of going elsewhere for his Sr. year? Also, he's already redshirted, so would he be considered a graduate-transfer, and won't have to sit?

Just passing on something that was mentioned to me yesterday in a conversation. Correct - wouldn’t have to sit a year.

Just because of the relationship or because Koda has made hints of going elsewhere for his Sr. year?
I haven't seen his name come up before yesterday as a possible grad transfer, so there's nothing he's said publicly. But all I do is aggregate. I have no inside knowledge.

Would make a lot of sense to be able to get a P5 starter quality lineman that we can plug into the starting lineup for a year...

gif_temp.gif

Starting this thread now, because people eventually will start asking and it’s a definite possibility.

Koda Martin, son of our new QB coach Kirk Martin. Went to Texas A&M as a three star prospect. 6’6 245 pound TE/OL/DE prospect with offers from all the big guys in the south. Took a redshirt freshman year and turned himself into a 6’6 310 pound tackle. Married Dino’s daughter as well.
Effectiveness of plugging an OL cold into a system? I thought that it took time to develop chemistry between the linemen.

10 a&m offensive linemen on NFL rosters... He had 10 starts last year. That's a pretty good Left Tackle job.

With his experience I believe he could help out with our youngsters.

No insight to this kids thinking but this seems like a no brainer