Class of 2018 - OT Koda Martin (Texas A&M) Grad Transfer to SYRACUSE | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 OT Koda Martin (Texas A&M) Grad Transfer to SYRACUSE

Sounds like a great opportunity for the young man. If he hopes for a shot at the NFL, he can have tape playing against the best of both the SEC and the ACC.

Sounds like a great opportunity for the young man. If he hopes for a shot at the NFL, he can have tape playing against the best of both the SEC and the ACC.
I'd expect both parents to want Koda to make the best decision for him - not the parents. If he's happy where he's at, they'd probably want him to stay there.

Now... With a new head coach/staff..

Last edited:
Seeing how his dad is also now an employee of SU, could Koda come to SU for free (PWO) and not take up a scholarship spot??? How great of a scenario that could be.

Wonder if he would compete for PT with Jake Pickard. Just saying.

Seeing how his dad is also now an employee of SU, could Koda come to SU for free (PWO) and not take up a scholarship spot??? How great of a scenario that could be.
Is it any different for a grad student versus an undergrad? I think some schools only give the free tuition if the kid is an undergrad.

It's a great thought but I believe NCAA rules state a coach/employee child still counts against the scholarship limit regardless of where his tuition money comes from

It's a great thought but I believe NCAA rules state a coach/employee child still counts against the scholarship limit regardless of where his tuition money comes from
Well, Buddy Boeheim is going to walk on next year on the basketball team so that can't be true. Although the rule would make sense.

Well, Buddy Boeheim is going to walk on next year on the basketball team so that can't be true. Although the rule would make sense.

Maybe just a football thing?

And hasn't Adrian Autry's kid been a walk on the last couple years?

Thank God. Being a father, I can't fathom having to go through a scary situation like that. I hope he has a full recovery.