OT: Local Boy Wins National FT Contest | Syracusefan.com

OT: Local Boy Wins National FT Contest

OrangeOnions

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
1626195788909.png

His mother was my favorite teacher ever

He goes to New Hartford, my wife was his religion teacher this year.

JGIII looks in great shape. The kid's sneakers are big time.
Ehhh, he has the body of a 40 year old man who still kinda hits the gym. He doesn’t have a basketball body, especially for a point guard.

Since I won the New Hartford 5th Grade Rec Basketball Foul Shooting contest in 1968, I'm trying to figure out some way to take credit for the kid's success. (I think I made 9 of 15 in the championship round.)

Since I won the New Hartford 5th Grade Rec Basketball Foul Shooting contest in 1968, I'm trying to figure out some way to take credit for the kid's success. (I think I made 9 of 15 in the championship round.)
Where did you guys play? At the church?

Where did you guys play? At the church?
No. It was a 5th and 6th grade league on Saturday mornings in the HS. We were coached by the HS players. The games were in the HS gym and and in the old gym. There was an All Star game and we played at half time of one of the HS games. I think I still have the HS program from the game with our names in it. (If you're interested send me a PM and I'll look for it.)

No. It was a 5th and 6th grade league on Saturday mornings in the HS. We were coached by the HS players. The games were in the HS gym and and in the old gym. There was an All Star game and we played at half time of one of the HS games. I think I still have the HS program from the game with our names in it. (If you're interested send me a PM and I'll look for it.)
Very cool. I am from New York Mills/Yorkville but I live in New Hartford now. I don’t think there is a good youth basketball league anymore.