OT: LOL Patriots | Syracusefan.com

OT: LOL Patriots

Just because.

40 ain't looking so hot any more is it Tommy boy?

Anyone want to guess what NFL team I support? Here's hint they had a coach recently who likes bologna sandwiches and was full of bologna himself.
KC native and I approve of this message

2014 though...

It's folly to predict the rest of the season based on the opener. It's very difficult to make the playoffs after an 0-2 start, but the rest of the AFC East is pretty weak, and Belichick is still too sharp to go without a whimper. Still, the Pats looked a little thin in places they used to dominate: pass rush, 3rd down efficiency, LOS - both sides. I think Brady, while he was off last night, will be back to his usual self next week. Michaels made the point it's difficult to play small parts of the exhibition season and then go the whole game on week 1, and I think he's got something there. But the flare went up to the rest of the league: without Edelman, the Pats passing game is much weaker. Double-team Gronkowski, and drill Amendola every chance you get - he's a small guy and won't take the pounding. It doesn't seem Brady has much confidence in the rest.

It's folly to predict the rest of the season based on the opener. It's very difficult to make the playoffs after an 0-2 start, but the rest of the AFC East is pretty weak, and Belichick is still too sharp to go without a whimper. Still, the Pats looked a little thin in places they used to dominate: pass rush, 3rd down efficiency, LOS - both sides. I think Brady, while he was off last night, will be back to his usual self next week. Michaels made the point it's difficult to play small parts of the exhibition season and then go the whole game on week 1, and I think he's got something there. But the flare went up to the rest of the league: without Edelman, the Pats passing game is much weaker. Double-team Gronkowski, and drill Amendola every chance you get - he's a small guy and won't take the pounding. It doesn't seem Brady has much confidence in the rest.

What's amazing about Brady being off last night was that he wasn't pressured for much of the game. 3 d linemen going against 5 offensive guys and they didn't get close and he still missed guys all over the field.

Father Time is undefeated. At some point soon, Brady will be washed up.
I don't think this is an age thing. He never denied his wife's claim about the concussion and I don't trust the NFL's investigation. After he started getting hit last night, he was playing like he was punch drunk. Reminded me of Kurt Warner at the end of his time with the Rams (combination of concussions and a hand injury).

Brady made some uncharacteristic mistakes (attempting a pass after he was clearly beyond the LOS, for example) last night and his completion percentage was subpar. He didn't attempt any QB sneaks, which makes me wonder if Belichick is protecting him. And after Berry went out, he didn't target Gronk at all, which is just odd. These are all mental mistakes as opposed to physical deterioration.

Then again, maybe it's nothing and he was just rusty and fatigued. But I think head trauma is more likely than age.

I'm not making this mistake twice (see 2003 opener).

I won't believe it's over until it's actually over. I drafted Brady in fantasy football this year just to jinx him. Perhaps by season's end you'll all be thanking me.

What's amazing about Brady being off last night was that he wasn't pressured for much of the game. 3 d linemen going against 5 offensive guys and they didn't get close and he still missed guys all over the field.

That was quite surprising to see. He made a brutal overthrow on a wide open receiver on their first possession which was so bad it made me sit up straight. Maybe more of Michaels' reasoning?

I dunno, I might just be an Edelman hater, ha. But I remember them struggling w/out Welker the first couple games and pundits lecturing us "you can't just plug in any little white guy from Texas Tech and expect the same results" [hmm, turns out you could]. I also remember them getting basically shut out by Denver at home early in '06 - and the national outcry of their lack of WRs afterwords. They resumed scoring soon enough and came within a play of another SB.
Pretty sure 10 months ago anyone would've said Gronk is way more important; particularly with how badly they stumbled at the end of '15 and blew the #1 seed without him.

Like others have said I'm not falling for it again. But otoh Father Time does have to throw a counter punch at some point; I guess it could happen @40.

That was the most Buffalo game ever btw. They're what 972-0 with the lead at home and 0-1 when the Bills have their opponent's 1st round pick. I hate football so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom