Class of 2019 - OT Matthew Bergeron (QC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 OT Matthew Bergeron (QC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

They look like pants with a tail. Monkey Pants.

Mexico+is+americas+beard+_5b74a07e8d7583beb3003f23e3675d1b.jpg

It doesn't matter if the player is from Canada or small town USA if they don't attend sponsored camps there is little likelihood that they will be "evaluated" and ranked. The evaluation by the coaches that see them at campus camps is more important than an evaluation by a pay service.

Thanks for the reply and I do undetstand your point. That said, so many kids get ranked based on who and how many offered. Just a thought for those enamoured with class rankings based on stars.

Thanks for the reply and I do undetstand your point. That said, so many kids get ranked based on who and how many offered. Just a thought for those enamoured with class rankings based on stars.

Canadian kids will struggle excel in the *ratings because of the way recruiting works in both revenue sports.

Canadian kids will struggle excel in the *ratings because of the way recruiting works in both revenue sports.

Agree, think this kid is a gem, and most of cf America may have missed out on him.

Dude looks stout...I like it. This is the guy that busts tail year 1, sees some snaps year 2, gets starting nod in year 3 and is foundation years 4/5. Also you cant teach height and I like our linemen to look down on the defenders they are about to take to the woodshed...

That’s one big lump of clay ready to be molded. Athletically and physically I can certainly see the appeal. And (because he’s Canadian?) seems to be a great kid.

He just didn’t jump out at you on the tape. He needed to play with a little more bend and gain better leverage on his opponent. I think he also needs to show more active hands. Much the opposite from Anthony Red who looked pretty polished technique wise and just needs to add the size; though, last I heard he was making great progress there too.

Very excited to get you, Mr. Bergeron. Work your tail off and listen to your coaches. You have the size to be an NFLer, the rest is now up to you.

Loads of potential and with that we will see how well the staff does at teaching. Welcome to the Hill Mathew.

What is the breakdown on recruits position wise so far?

I translated it to mean the "offensive line culture" but maybe not.

The origin of the last name Cavanuagh is Ireland.
Indeed it is. Sometimes its spelled with a "K" too. That was the point of my somewhat sarcastic post. Thanks for the feedback, I'm actually happy that you tried to answer my question. For the record, I agree that it is a poorly translated conversation about teaching the position. Oh the damage of Joe Adam. I'll never forget the quotes from then active veteran players talking about trying to teach younger guys what they learned from Marrone's staff because they weren't getting it from Shafer's.

Looks like every OL this staff offers has exceptional agility and quickness, Matthew included. Looks like they are targeting tall, lean guys who can run. Qaadir is an exception.
I was looking through the thread to see sutomcat (and LeMoyne's) take on this kid ... because my reaction from the film was ... wow. Not just great size but carries 300 lbs. extremely well ... probably because it's spread over a 6'6" frame. Very fit and trim. He shows footwork (excellent), strength (hard to assess with the competition but he's physically dominating) and a nice drop with fluid hips in PP. Run blocking is harder to gauge ... but it's no surprise that they saw something in camp. Yowsir.

Last edited:
I translated it to mean the "offensive line culture" but maybe not.

The origin of the last name Cavanuagh is Ireland.
My mother's maiden name was O'Connor and her mother's maiden name was Kelly. My mother grew up on a farm not far from Quebec City. I still have a lot of O'Connor cousins in Quebec. Plus my mother had 54 first cousins (Irish). There are a lot of Irish in Quebec.

As a kid, my family would visit the Quebec farm every year. In the 50's and early 60's (before the Adirondack Northway was built), we would travel up through Vermont and then across Quebec on back roads. One of the towns we would go through was Thedford Mines. What did they mine? Asbestos! I wonder what supports their economy now.

My mother's maiden name was O'Connor and her mother's maiden name was Kelly. My mother grew up on a farm not far from Quebec City. I still have a lot of O'Connor cousins in Quebec. Plus my mother had 54 first cousins (Irish). There are a lot of Irish in Quebec.

As a kid, my family would visit the Quebec farm every year. In the 50's and early 60's (before the Adirondack Northway was built), we would travel up through Vermont and then across Quebec on back roads. One of the towns we would go through was Thedford Mines. What did they mine? Asbestos! I wonder what supports their economy now.
I know of large Irish population in the Hamilton Ontario area. My grandmother was Murphy, so I am quite experienced with our family law. As such I will stay away from this recruit.