Class of 2019 - OT Matthew Bergeron (QC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 OT Matthew Bergeron (QC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

djorange1989

Living Legend
didn't see a thread for the kid, apologize if there already is one. Apparently this kid, from Canada, just committed. the under the radar parade continues I guess. he's class of 2019, it came up as 2017 when I started this thread. please fix it, site masters!

didn't see a thread for the kid, apologize if there already is one. Apparently this kid, from Canada, just committed. the under the radar parade continues I guess. he's class of 2019, it came up as 2017 when I started this thread. please fix it, site masters!
Only if you promise to get it right next time.;)

Salut Matthew,

000d00037932cbadedc3de65e9c9c682--steven-spielberg-movies-original-memes.jpg

Like that he was a camp guy who earned an offer that's always a good sign plus we can always use OL. That said hoping we can land a few more guys with high end offers, we already have a few "project" or at least under the radar types and it would be hypocritical not to mention it as we bust on Rutty pretty good for their class so far. Still way early obviously but I am hoping we can ramp it up like we did last year especially once the season starts and we hopefully take that next step forward..

Camp offer kids are extremely low risk high value. IMHO they have to be the best.

What are his offers? Does he even have any?

Know Canada is untapped but...

Buffalo en tête de liste
En plus de Buffalo, l’Université Rutgers et l’Université de Syracuse sont entrées en contact avec le Victoriavillois. Au Canada, l’Université de Montréal, l’Université Laval et l’Université McGill ont aussi démontré leur intérêt à l’endroit de Bergeron. «Il n’y a que Buffalo qui m’a fait une offre. Je discute avec Syracuse et Rutgers, mais il n’y a rien eu d’officiel. Ce qui est compliqué dans mon cas, c’est les équivalences scolaires étant donné les différences dans le système d’éducation américain et canadien», a expliqué le joueur de ligne offensive des Filons du Cégep de Thetford.

Well there you go... that answers everything.

Buffalo en tête de liste
En plus de Buffalo, l’Université Rutgers et l’Université de Syracuse sont entrées en contact avec le Victoriavillois. Au Canada, l’Université de Montréal, l’Université Laval et l’Université McGill ont aussi démontré leur intérêt à l’endroit de Bergeron. «Il n’y a que Buffalo qui m’a fait une offre. Je discute avec Syracuse et Rutgers, mais il n’y a rien eu d’officiel. Ce qui est compliqué dans mon cas, c’est les équivalences scolaires étant donné les différences dans le système d’éducation américain et canadien», a expliqué le joueur de ligne offensive des Filons du Cégep de Thetford.

Well done

Welcome to Syracuse Football young man. Arrive ready to move the pile. Go Orange!!!!!!!!

Buffalo en tête de liste

Recently visiting the University of Buffalo to visit the Bulls' facilities, the home team's offensive football lineman Matthew K. Bergeron returned home delighted.
Betting on the University at Buffalo Stadium, a stadium built in 1993 that has 25,013 seats to attend their local games, the Bulls have a good selling point with the young football players they are trying to recruit. "I was not used to seeing such a stadium. I found it really big. It's different from what I knew at Cégep de Thetford. The cloakroom is really impressive with neon lights and greatness. It struck me, "said the colossus of 6'05 '' and 295 pounds.

Secondary things also seem more impressive on the other side of the border. "It's very different from what we're used to seeing here in Canada, especially with respect to the gym and the clothes that are available to us. It is really impressive."
Buffalo tops the list
In addition to Buffalo, Rutgers University and Syracuse University came into contact with Victoriavillois. In Canada, Université de Montréal, Université Laval and McGill University have also shown their interest in Bergeron. "Only Buffalo made me an offer. I'm talking to Syracuse and Rutgers, but there was nothing official about it. What's complicated in my case is the academic equivalence given the differences in the American and Canadian education system, "said the offensive lineman of the Thetford Cégep Filons.
With this full scholarship offered by the University of Buffalo, Bergeron would not pay a single cent during his stay there. The studies, the rent, the food and the equipment are all paid for by the establishment. Thus, if ever following his career does indeed take the road to the United States, Bergeron will be right to be proud. "I would consider myself lucky, because there are not many people who can do that in Quebec and even in the United States. It would be a privilege to evolve there. "
Being comfortable in the language of Shakespeare, Bergeron would also have a less worry if Buffalo or another American institution becomes his choice. "My mother's old friend was English-speaking, so it helped me a lot. I'm doing pretty well in English. I still make a few small mistakes, but the coaches understand me. "
Before making the jump in the university ranks, Bergeron will first of all have to finish his school career at Cégep de Thetford during the next year.