OT: Memories of bad beer | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Memories of bad beer

I will see your Country Club and raise you 900, as in Coqui 900. Everybody loses.

1620238503245.png

After college I lived in Utica, just down the street from the FX Matt’s brewery. I recall having a few Utica Clubs when I first moved to town. Not good. Not good at all.

I unfortunately drank many of these in many fine establishments during my time in the SUNY system. After a 6 year tour, I was just glad to have a liver.

Based on extensive research and double blind studies, I would say Genny cream was far and away my favorite cheap beer, and to this day some unknown, oily, stankass beer from Mexico at Shifty's was one of the worst tastes I've ever had.

The Montreal in Plattsburgh was a fun spot to enjoy an upscale PBR, the hole where a toilet was supposed to be made it all the more special.

The late 70s/early 80s were a good time to be a complete jacka$s. Pre-MADD and cheap beer, what could go wrong?

Thanks for the topic, I'd, thankfully, forgotten most of the swill I drank back then.

Sabastino's definitely delivered beer (and didn't card, since the driver had already made the trip) in that era. Good times
Sabastinos would deliver anything in the store. Pizza, wings, beast ice, corn flakes, tide detergent, pack of cigs, dip, juicy fruit gum, etc. I loved that place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom