OT: Memories of bad beer | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Memories of bad beer

I had to chug a Red Dog once when I was 17 during a drinking game and just found it absolutely disgusting.

1619701960524.png

View attachment 200467
Senior year at IC we used to kill these!

Ha. I have two related stories.

The first, summer after senior year of high school, i believe i had two of these (amongst other assorted drinks). The next morning I woke up on a park bench. I was missing a shoe.

The second, spring semester freshman year of college, I believe I had three of these (amongst other assorted drinks). The next morning I woke up in a drainage ditch adjacent to my college's campus. Still had both shoes though.

That's it. I have no recollection from the interceding time frames. Those were the only two instances where I could not recall the night’s events, or slept somewhere unintentionally, in my life. Crazy Horse.

Last edited:
I posted it in another thread, but we’d get a CASE of Piels longnecks from Students Choice for $5.

After the 2nd one, you almost didn’t notice that they tasted like azz.

Genny Cream Ale aka Genny Screamers.
Ooof.

For me, the worst was the Matt’s beer ball.
It had a strong metallic aftertaste that was just awful.
are those the ones that came in bottles in the waxed cardboard box? I had my chare of that crap

Bought a case of this swill with change we scrounged up. Nasty

2090.jpg

The pride of Cincy, OH. We use to call these Whodoneits the next day.

1620168732318.png

When I was in college, we drank a lot of Milwaukee's Best light. I went back for reunion weekend several years later and had one, and it hurt my stomach.

View attachment 200353

Also, there was a bar we used to frequent that had one dollar Schaefer bottles on Thursday nights. As a cash-strapped college student, I used to think it was a great deal... until I spotted some at a liquor store my senior year, and saw that it sold for about $9 bucks per case.
When I was an undergrad, living with my buddies on Clarendon St., when we were too impaired to drive and needed reinforcements, we would order Milwaukee’s Best in bottles for delivery from a convenience store a few blocks away (I’m totally forgetting the name of it now, but it was near Westcott St. I believe).

Two cases for $20.10, precisely.

Awful beer, but couldn’t beat the price.

When I was an undergrad, living with my buddies on Clarendon St., when we were too impaired to drive and needed reinforcements, we would order Milwaukee’s Best in bottles for delivery from a convenience store a few blocks away (I’m totally forgetting the name of it now, but it was near Westcott St. I believe).

Sabastino's definitely delivered beer (and didn't card, since the driver had already made the trip) in that era. Good times!

Sabastino's definitely delivered beer (and didn't card, since the driver had already made the trip) in that era. Good times!
Graby's Convenience on the corner of Euclid and Wescott, a gamechanger, and a lifesaver

Great thread. I can tell my class year at LeMoyne based upon the price of Schmidt's at Party Source:
Freshman year 79 cents a six pack, Sophomore year 89 cents, Junior year 99 cents, Senior year $1.09.
It was awful. We called it "champagne" since it was too disgusting to be called beer.

FYI The only mistake on this thread was the first one - Maximus Super was a great beer. I hated it in High School and we only drank it for the high alcohol content. We drank Bud, Miller and Utica Club (aka "Uncle Charlie's") and thought they were good. In my mid-20s after I traveled a lot and had started brewing my own beer while living in Africa, I came home tried Maximus Super and it exceptional. The famous beer writer Michael Jackson (not that Michael Jackson) called it one of the best beers brewed in America at that time.

I think that was brewed in AB Bville in like 1998. I had a friend that worked weekends there while I was in grad school and I remember him sharing a couple of those Tequizas. We aren’t friends anymore.
The Anheuser Busch brewery in Baldwinsville started its life as a Schlitz brewery. There is a brand you can add to the bad beer list.

1620177639617.png

That’s it! They were a life saver around midnight when going there would have been irresponsible.

That’s it! They were a life saver around midnight when going there would have been irresponsible.

For a high school kid in the neighborhood in the late '90s they were the best. Call the order in, they ask if you're 21, you say sure, the driver shows up and says "eh, ---- it, I'm not driving back with this warm Coors Light and getting no tip" and we wind up with beer.

I was spending an afternoon at my son's fraturnity while some of the guys were playing pong. They were running short of beer so I volunteered to go on a beer run. I was directed to a deli about six blocks away to buy a few cases of some brew like Milwaukee's Best or something like that. When I paid for the beer the Deli guy asked, "ATO parent"?

I was spending an afternoon at my son's fraturnity while some of the guys were playing pong. They were running short of beer so I volunteered to go on a beer run. I was directed to a deli about six blocks away to buy a few cases of some brew like Milwaukee's Best or something like that. When I paid for the beer the Deli guy asked, "ATO parent"?
You didn't spring for something better?

Not sure it is yet time to cross the Rubicon to include 40s, but this was the best deal when I was on campus in 1998. And if you think warm beer tasted bad, this was much worse

Only 99c at Abdo's next to Brewster Boland!

And this second picture sums up freshman year

1620233930282.png
1620233999141.png

Not sure it is yet time to cross the Rubicon to include 40s, but this was the best deal when I was on campus in 1998. And if you think warm beer tasted bad, this was much worse

Only 99c at Abdo's next to Brewster Boland!

And this second picture sums up freshman year

View attachment 200714View attachment 200715
Looks like a urine sample. There was a story about a patient who was supposed to drop off a unire sample at her doctor's office. She couldn't find the bottle the doc had given her so she used a half pint liquor bottle. On the way to the doctor's office she stopped at the deli to get a sub, when she got back in her car the liquor bottle was gone. There is probably one less bourbon drinker around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom