OT: Music alert, Sandy Benefit concert on now, find it! | Syracusefan.com

OT: Music alert, Sandy Benefit concert on now, find it!

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
Epic.

So far Bruce opened up, with Bon Jovi helping a song or two. Roger Waters of Pink Floyd with Eddie Vedder along side killing it, Bon Jovi too with return help from Bruce and now Clapton is rocking it. In between funny skits from Billy Crystal, Adam sandler, John Stewart, with other celebs like Kristin Stewart, Ben Stiller, Whoopi, Brian Williams, etc. Limited time to half hr each so the performers are only playing their most recognizable tunes.

Still to come....Billy Joel, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton, Dave Grohl, Chris Maritn, Kanye west, ALicia keys are the ones I can remember. They're recognizing the first responders in awesome way.

Bon Jovi still has it. I think he's one of the more underrated musicians ever (comparatively speaking, mind you).

Epic.

So far Bruce opened up, with Bon Jovi helping a song or two. Roger Water of Pink FLoyd with Eddie Vedder along side killing it, Bon Jovi on now with return help from Bruce. In between funny skits from Billy Crystal, Adam sandler with other celebs like Kristin Stewart, Ben Stiller, etc. Limited time to half hr each so the performers are only playing their most recognizable tunes.

Still to come....Billy Joel, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Paul McCartney, Kanye west, ALicia keys are the ones I can remember.
Would love to be there. Looks a bit like a rich white man AARP concert at times though... ;)

Anyone else from Jersey too? Like me, did you get semi-erect when Bon Jovi joined The Bossfor "Born to Run" ?? (Okay, full-on boner) #121212Concert

Bruce apparently did. Did you see his pants?! He is The Boss!

Anyone else from Jersey too? Like me, did you get semi-erect when Bon Jovi joined The Boss for "Born to Run" ?? (Okay, full-on boner) #121212Concert
that's where the feeling hit of goose bumps that this was the start of an epic event. What a collection of talent. Thank GOD my wife reminded me of this!

I gotta do a few chores. Kanye needs to come on so I can leave my TV!!!

Anyone else from Jersey too? Like me, did you get semi-erect when Bon Jovi joined The Boss for "Born to Run" ?? (Okay, full-on boner) #121212Concert
Catching up on the DVR now - saw this before I started and thought I wasn't going to enjoy this song (huge Boss fan but can't really stand Bon Jovi).

Song was better that I was expecting, looking forward to Jon's set now.

I'm behind the live show, but I gotta say:

Holy crap, Clapton freaking killed it
Man o man so is the Who, Freaking killin it, wait to you see them. Can't wait to see Townsend smash the guitar to pieces to complete my time machine experience back to being 15 years old! Picture Flounder from Animal House....THIS IS AWESOME!!

edit: and then Townsend ends it with the immortal word, "Everyone go out now and have a beer!" with the censor silencer being about 2 seconds too late! Classic.

This is some great stuff. Really disappointed I missed the first hour.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

the way this thing is playing out don't think you'll need to worry. Gonna be talked about for years to come as one of the best concerts ever, certaiinly for the unique collection of talent, which means it will be on again and get big ratings. in fact think I saw its gonna be on HBO again soon.

Ahh, don't worry about it Bees, the first hour was only the Springsteen set... :(

with Kanye on there now I think this is where what you wrote gets funny....

I don't know what is worse, this Kanye set or Brian Williams apologizing for Keith Moon's language... :bang::bang::bang:

Ahh, don't worry about it Bees, the first hour was only the Springsteen set... :(

Of course I missed all of Bruce. :bang:

But I was able to jump in midway through Roger Waters and this has been amazing. Unfortunately, Kanye is trying to make my ears bleed as i type.

I don't know what is worse, this Kanye set or Brian Williams apologizing for Keith Moon's language... :bang::bang::bang:
Couldn't believe that one. Might as well have mentioned Entwistle's shirt coming unbuttoned as well.

I gotta do a few chores. Kanye needs to come on so I can leave my TV!!!

Alright, time to get busy on those chores, Kanye is on. Thank goodness, I needed a bathroom break!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom