Class of 2018 - OT Nick Marozas (IL) Verbal to Indiana | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 OT Nick Marozas (IL) Verbal to Indiana

Chicago (Ill.) Brother Rice junior offensive tackle Nick Marozas holds seven offers including one from the Big Ten. Several more Big Ten and ACC programs are in contact.

Chicago Brother Rice offensive lineman Nick Marozas is quickly becoming recognized as one of Illinois' top junior offensive linemen and he may soon become one of the Midwest's best.

He holds six offers, all coming since December.

"It really feels great knowing that the hard work I have put in has gotten noticed," he said. "It is sort of a relief, but it doesn't change anything, I still have to work as hard as I did before I received them."

Marozas has six offers from the Mid-American Conference: Buffalo, Northern Illinois, Western Michigan, Central Michigan, Toledo and Miami (OH).

His one Big Ten offer is from Minnesota. He was offered by the Gophers in December and P.J. Fleck and Brian Callahan, who offered him at Western Michigan, are now in the Twin Cities and have re-affirmed the offer.

"I visited Minnesota before they offered me. I talked with the staff when they offered me at Western Michigan, Coach Callahan stopped by my school as well. I really love the energy Coach Fleck brings to the game, he knows how to coach a fun and energetic team."

A host of other programs in the Big Ten and ACC are recruiting Marozas and some could add to his offer list in the future.

"Illinois, Boston College, Syracuse, Wisconsin, Iowa and Michigan State have all been in contact. I plan on trying to visit as many of those schools as I can."

In addition to visits, Marozas continues to work at getting better this offseason.

"I lift with the team four days a week before school, will be doing agility work, and will be attending the Nike Opening Regionals as well as the Under Armour Regional camp."