OT - No QB at ND | Syracusefan.com

OT - No QB at ND

Bortukal

All Conference
Notre Dame confirms to WNDU-TV that starting quarterback Everett Golson is no longer enrolled at the university.
Rumors began percolating on social media sites like Twitter late Saturday afternoon.
In a phone interview, university spokesman Dennis Brown told NewsCenter 16, "Federal and school privacy laws preclude us from issuing any further comment at this time."
The full story on NewsCenter 16 at 11 p.m.
http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/Golson-out-ND-208970441.html

RUMOR is he didn't receive a grade in his accounting class for whatever reason and I guess that forfeits all of his grades from this last semester.

RUMOR is he didn't receive a grade in his accounting class for whatever reason and I guess that forfeits all of his grades from this last semester.

He got caught cheating and is out.

Or killed a student by sending him up in a scissor lift in a wind storm.

reports are out that Golson will re-enroll and be back on the team prior to the season

reports are out that Golson will re-enroll and be back on the team prior to the season

Where did you hear this? I believe that's virtually impossible.

Or raped a girl who subsequently killed herself.

Or made up a fake girlfriend's tragic fake death to gain Heisman publicity.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Neither of those things actually happened.

And people should be surprised . . . . because?

Do ND really not have an heir apperent at QB? How is that even possible with their roster full of 4 and 5 star players?

Gunner Kiel transferred. Malik Zaire is a true freshman (early admission).

Those were/are the two heir apparent QB's at ND.

Tommy Rees started a lot in 2010 and 2011. I imagine he will get most of the snaps. They also have Andrew Hendrix. He has played some the past two years as well.

Do they burn Zaire's redshirt and risk starting a true freshman? Kid has a lot of talent but is obviously inexperienced.

You know this because. . . .?

#1.

From the prosecutor:

"...there was the allegation of sexual battery, specifically the touching of her breasts."

"She never made an allegation of rape nor does the evidence even suggest a rape occurred as some media outlets have mistakenly reported."

#2.

There is no evidence the Te'o had anything to do with the girlfriend hoax and the news of her 'death' became public after 2 games. At that point, there was no reason for anyone to think he had a shot at the Heisman.

#1.

From the prosecutor:

"...there was the allegation of sixual battery, specifically the touching of her breasts."

"She never made an allegation of rape nor does the evidence even suggest a rape occurred as some media outlets have mistakenly reported."

#2.

There is no evidence the Te'o had anything to do with the girlfriend hoax and the news of her 'death' became public after 2 games. At that point, there was no reason for anyone to think he had a shot at the Heisman.
Hook, line, sinker.

How does one have a "girlfriend" or "boyfriend" that they've never talked to or met in person?

ND's early season schedule (which includes @Michigan, home vs. Mich St and Oklahoma) isn't exactly conducive to breaking-in a new QB.

Golson's gone for the fall at least, but it's cool that somehow this becomes an anti-ND thread when our hoops team is rumored to have been playing ineligible kids, is only not in trouble with APR thanks to scholarship walk-ons and had a starting point guard not miss one second for shoplifting. People love to hate ND but they actually take academics far more seriously than most schools. Edit: I should add as a college sports fan I really don't care that much about the academic piece, but everyone here seems to get irate about it all the time.

Golson's gone for the fall at least, but it's cool that somehow this becomes an anti-ND thread when our hoops team is rumored to have been playing ineligible kids, is only not in trouble with APR thanks to scholarship walk-ons and had a starting point guard not miss one second for shoplifting. People love to hate ND but they actually take academics far more seriously than most schools. Edit: I should add as a college sports fan I really don't care that much about the academic piece, but everyone here seems to get irate about it all the time.

Umm - at the very least Brian Kelly and Notre Dame are directly responsible for a kid going up on a scissor lift in a fairly violent wind storm and then dying when the lift inevitably fell.

I thought this was a Syracuse board, I don't understand why pointing out the bulls*** that is the entire Notre Dame mythology is upsetting to people.

NotreLame.jpg

Syracuse fans have a long memory.
http://www.archives.nd.edu/about/news/index.php/2011/nd-vs-syracuse-11181961/

You are making the assumption that we should be equally upset for a ND QB than for our BBall team?! I'm not concerned with hypocrisy - I want wants best for my team and could care less about Brian Kelly and the "mighty" Notre Dame.

You are making the assumption that we should be equally upset for a ND QB than for our BBall team?! I'm not concerned with hypocrisy - I want wants best for my team and could care less about Brian Kelly and the "mighty" Notre Dame.

But the point is people could actually care a lot less. That's my point -- you say you don't care (and perhaps you don''t) but this board has 9 threads every time there's a whiff a story at notre dame. My point is that if people care so little about ND they sure seem pretty consumed with everything that goes on there. That's what's confusing.

Umm - at the very least Brian Kelly and Notre Dame are directly responsible for a kid going up on a scissor lift in a fairly violent wind storm and then dying when the lift inevitably fell.

I thought this was a Syracuse board, I don't understand why pointing out the bulls*** that is the entire Notre Dame mythology is upsetting to people.

this post is awful.

First, love that you use 'inevitably' -- nice. i love that people not only blame kelly for the tragic and clearly avoidable death of a student, but they act as if everyone knew the lift was going to blow over and kill someone. Excellent logic.

Secondly, I was speaking mostly of the academic situation and the irony that everyone is ragging on ND for suspending their pretty talented starting qb for semester -- the fall semester -- when there are about 5 schools that would even allow a talented kid to schedule accounting in the first place and maybe a dozen that would actually suspend him for the fall.