OT: Noah Syndergaard dumps on Syracuse ... | Syracusefan.com

OT: Noah Syndergaard dumps on Syracuse ...

cto

Administrator
Take note, Mets fans:

Mets pitcher Noah Syndergaard doesn't want to come to Syracuse with his team this week, and he has some unkind things to say about the city. From an ESPN story today:

"Syndergaard also questioned the Mets' travel itinerary before Opening Day with no plans to stop in New York before Thursday's opener in Washington against the Nationals. The team will travel by bus for nearly three hours to Sarasota, Florida, on Sunday night and then fly to Syracuse, New York, for a workout before later heading to Washington.

"I don't know whose idea that was, but it's not a smart one," he said. "I don't think that's conducive for winning ballgames, really -- that much travel. I mean, I'm sure the amenities in Syracuse aren't the best for a Major League Baseball team to go up there and have one last workout before the regular season starts, but those kinds of decisions are above my pay grade."

"Syndergaard said he has never been to Syracuse and wasn't looking forward to the trip.

"Not even the slightest bit," he said."

As I mentioned in the Other Sports board thread- Shut up Noah. Go up to the Dome, sign autographs for 2 hours and then you're gone. Is that too much to ask?

As I mentioned in the Other Sports board thread- Shut up Noah. Go up to the Dome, sign autographs for 2 hours and then you're gone. Is that too much to ask?

Yes. It’s silly. The season starts Thursday

Take note, Mets fans:

Mets pitcher Noah Syndergaard doesn't want to come to Syracuse with his team this week, and he has some unkind things to say about the city. From an ESPN story today:

"Syndergaard also questioned the Mets' travel itinerary before Opening Day with no plans to stop in New York before Thursday's opener in Washington against the Nationals. The team will travel by bus for nearly three hours to Sarasota, Florida, on Sunday night and then fly to Syracuse, New York, for a workout before later heading to Washington.

"I don't know whose idea that was, but it's not a smart one," he said. "I don't think that's conducive for winning ballgames, really -- that much travel. I mean, I'm sure the amenities in Syracuse aren't the best for a Major League Baseball team to go up there and have one last workout before the regular season starts, but those kinds of decisions are above my pay grade."

"Syndergaard said he has never been to Syracuse and wasn't looking forward to the trip.

We have good tailors that can iron his tutu. What’s the prob?

Take note, Mets fans:

That was a dump. Don’t see it.

Should I throw my Thor bobble head in the trash.

I'll gladly take it.

He's right. Not in dumping on Syracuse, but this goodwill mission for the AAA franchise right before the season starts doesn't help the team. They have to be in Washington right after.

He's right in that it doesn't make sense. I didn't take it as him ripping Syracuse.

In what way does he rip Syracuse? Oh. The dome has the same facilities that Citi field does? News to me. It’s silly. They have to be in Washington for a day game on Thursday. They shouldn’t be in Syracuse on Tuesday. Point blank period

So he is complaining about making millions of dollars and having to do his job. Makes sense.

So he is complaining about making millions of dollars and having to do his job. Makes sense.
That's your takeaway from his comments? Last I checked, his job is to go out and pitch every fifth game. He's complaining about flying from florida to Syracuse for a workout and then flying to washington for their opening game.
The Yankees used to complain about coming up for their annual game against the Chiefs also and that game was during the summer.

I wonder when these idiots disconnect completely from polite society - they must have been somewhat normal functioning humans at some point in their lives...even if it was at like 14 years old.

Oh my, a flight! To Syracuse! Will they even have hotels??? You make some kids happy...the tragedy of it all. Also, if you're so delicate that travel is a scary proposition...maybe you should get a job that involves a less burdensome travel schedule.

And a 3 hour bus trip to Sarasota! The horror! THE HORROR!!!!

You're an employee....you poor thing. Shut up and go.