OT: Ottawa Red Blacks aka Syracuse North | Syracusefan.com

OT: Ottawa Red Blacks aka Syracuse North

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
The Ottawa Red Blacks of the CFL have five former Orangemen trying to make their team. I'm not sure I've ever remembered that many Orange on one CFL preseason roster.

"Lakiem Williams joins Shamarko Thomas, Amba Etta-Two, Ervin Phillips and Jamar McGloster as former Syracuse Orangemen on the Ottawa Redblacks’ roster heading into the 2021 CFL season."

I hope to drive up and make a game late summer or September to cheer them on but right now my summer schedule is still in flux. Ottawa is two hours from Watertown.

Anyone interested OburgOrange let me know. They have some midweek and weekend games.

The author, Jordan is hoping to attend a Syracuse game this Fall with his Dad. He already has an invite to our tailgate.

Last edited:
Ottawa is awesome. I’d never thought to go to a CFL game! Also, it’s the closest IKEA to Syracuse.
Not wanting to rain on anyone’s parade but isn’t the border still closed to the general public.

I was just checking the Red Blacks roster last night while watching Winnipeg V Hamilton. Shamarko Thomas, Erv Philips and Etta-Tao are on Ottawa’s Suspended/Reserve list….whatever that is. And Jamar McGloster is on the practice squad. None of them are on the playing roster

July 21st is what I heard...
August 9 for a “soft” opening. But, you still have to jump through hoops to enter Canada. Negative test 72 hours before entry, negative test at the border, and proof of vax. Now with this new variant raging like wild fire, I’m sure those rules will change while I’m typing this. Plus, Canada border protection has decided to go on strike just before the soft opening. Going to see a Red Blcks game will have to wait until next year

August 9 for a “soft” opening. But, you still have to jump through hoops to enter Canada. Negative test 72 hours before entry, negative test at the border, and proof of vax. Now with this new variant raging like wild fire, I’m sure those rules will change while I’m typing this. Plus, Canada border protection has decided to go on strike just before the soft opening. Going to see a Red Blcks game will have to wait until next year
That’s not really jumping through hoops. Tests take 15 minutes. Minor inconvenience.

The Ottawa Red Blacks of the CFL have five former Orangemen trying to make their team. I'm not sure I've ever remembered that many Orange on one CFL preseason roster.

"Lakiem Williams joins Shamarko Thomas, Amba Etta-Two, Ervin Phillips and Jamar McGloster as former Syracuse Orangemen on the Ottawa Redblacks’ roster heading into the 2021 CFL season."

I hope to drive up and make a game late summer or September to cheer them on but right now my summer schedule is still in flux. Ottawa is two hours from Watertown.

Anyone interested OburgOrange let me know. They have some midweek and weekend games.

The author, Jordan is hoping to attend a Syracuse game this Fall with his Dad. He already has an invite to our tailgate.
I have been to Ottawa only once, which is almost criminal living right here in Syracuse. But I had. GREAT time.

That’s not really jumping through hoops. Tests take 15 minutes. Minor inconvenience.
Two tests in 72 hrs...seems like a PITA to me. If insurance won't cover a PCR test can be $150-250 too.

Two tests in 72 hrs...seems like a PITA to me. If insurance won't cover a PCR test can be $150-250 too.
I don’t see PCR test as something that is being administered. You can go to a walk in clinic and get a free COVID test virtually anywhere.