OT - Patreon Billing again for Otto's World... | Syracusefan.com

OT - Patreon Billing again for Otto's World...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpac

Walk On
Just a heads up for anybody who subscribed to Otto's World on Patreon...I just got billed the $1 (no big deal in of itself) on Sept. 1st yesterday even though I only subscribed to Otto's World and there looks to be no new podcasts. I looked at my billing history on the site and the last billing was for April '18 when Otto's World was last active. I was hoping that Dean was starting up again, since I got billed, but nope...nothing new, no new podcast that I could find. If anybody knows any different, let me know. Just a friendly PSA.

He had a new podcast two weeks ago you must have missed.
Had not heard that he had a podcast.
Just saw that there was 3 different levels of subscribers (bronze, silver, gold) all more than my original contribution. If Dean is posting then it is worthwhile. Is he considering posting more frequent than he has been since April/May when I thought he stopped? Any insight?

I got an email notification when the new pod was posted.

Just a heads up for anybody who subscribed to Otto's World on Patreon...I just got billed the $1 (no big deal in of itself) on Sept. 1st yesterday even though I only subscribed to Otto's World and there looks to be no new podcasts. I looked at my billing history on the site and the last billing was for April '18 when Otto's World was last active. I was hoping that Dean was starting up again, since I got billed, but nope...nothing new, no new podcast that I could find. If anybody knows any different, let me know. Just a friendly PSA.

I got the same notice from Patreon... It seems that there is a recent post, but its a minimum of $3 per now.

Same thing happened to me. I didn’t catch any podcast two weeks either and was never notified of one. Overnight was the first time I was billed from Patreon in awhile.

I saw my notice in an email receipt last night. I went in and searched around, couldn't find anything new?

He posted a summer recruiting update on August first. It was good. That’s all I’ll say. I don’t want to steal his content.
Now I'm curious as to why I can't find it? Is it under Ottos World still?

edit; never mind I found it. Went in and did a search as to get out of the Otto's World page I was last on, sort of like a refresh. Yes, it's $3 now to get it.

He posted a summer recruiting podcast on August 1. I was checking his twitter a week ago and some people were asking him questions, which he answered, and he also posted a link to the new pod. But haven’t had a chance to listen to it yet.

Well there is nothing on his website about a new podcast. I got charged also. Dean has been very sensitive about people stealing his content, but if he's charging me a dollar so that people who pay $3 can get something, that's also a problem. Maybe it is just a screw up in the billing. Hopefully he will come on here and at least explain what is going on.

Well there is nothing on his website about a new podcast. I got charged also. Dean has been very sensitive about people stealing his content, but if he's charging me a dollar so that people who pay $3 can get something, that's also a problem. Maybe it is just a screw up in the billing. Hopefully he will come on here and at least explain what is going on.
I attempted to contact Patreon with my complaint. I am paying money monthly and I don't see any content coming out. I told them that it is fraud on their part and Dean's if I am paying and don't get anything in return. I attempted to contact them and cancel but told them I would contact my credit card company and cancel further payments.

I got charged last night too. wonder if it was a patreon system glitch? even if he did an august one, I don't think he is "back" on patreon where we would/should get charged. will cancel just in case its a glitch. I was giving him $5/mo.

He talks about billing in detail at the very end, on the Aug 1st podcast. He's not back all the way, but he'll put out a pod every now and then, and you won't get billed monthly for that. Not sure if you were paying less than $3, and got billed for either 1, or 2 dollars, what that's all about?

As others have said, the minimum is now $3. Only will be charged if there is content (Francis will be handling that). I would guess that if you got charged $1 (as I did) you should either up it to $3 to get the podcast or cancel so as not to be paying $1 for nothing.

Go 'Cuse!

He talks about billing in detail at the very end, on the Aug 1st podcast. He's not back all the way, but he'll put out a pod every now and then, and you won't get billed monthly for that. Not sure if you were paying less than $3, and got billed for either 1, or 2 dollars, what that's all about?

I got billed $5. What was that for?

I got billed $5. What was that for?
I'm thinking because he put out a podcast Aug 1st, so maybe that invoice was for August? He said something about you get billed at the end of the month. Not sure of the exact billing timeline though.

Somebody needs to post a link to the mythical Aug 1 podcast because it sure isn’t listed on his website.
I increased my payment from $1 to $3 today, and was able to see and access the Aug. 1st pod whereas I could not see it with the $1 payment

I think Patreon has some issues. I’m using a new card because my previous $1 pledge was on a card now cancelled. I’m on the $3 plan now but can’t see the Aug 1 content. I sent a message to their support.

I think Patreon has some issues. I’m using a new card because my previous $1 pledge was on a card now cancelled. I’m on the $3 plan now but can’t see the Aug 1 content. I sent a message to their support.
Go in from the Ottos World web page. That’s how I found it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom