OT: Pay forum needed for sure | Syracusefan.com

OT: Pay forum needed for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a problem with people stating that they have info and share it when it makes sense. Statements like 99.9% sure that it's not UK a few hours before the announcement and then it happens to be UK tend to put a big ol' hole in your credibility. If that's a preview of what's available on the pay board, I'll stick to the free stuff.

I don't have a problem with people stating that they have info and share it when it makes sense. Statements like 99.9% sure that it's not UK a few hours before the announcement and then it happens to be UK tend to put a big ol' hole in your credibility. If that's a preview of what's available on the pay board, I'll stick to the free stuff.
Great.. then why reply to the thread? If you don't like hearing what the sources have to say, stick to the free side. Appreciate you voicing your opinion, but it's semi worthless in the scheme. You want the inside info, you pay for it. If you don't think it's a value, you don't. For me, it's an easy decision, for you sounds the same, even though we both have different decisions.

We have guys here who are usually pretty good with their info, but hardly anything that's gospel.

although i dont disagree with your thoughts, jake has rock solid sources and has the utmost credibility.

the issue is that college basketball is not some conspiracy laden, concrete black and white issue.

I am assuming here, but Jakes knows people who know people. They tell him what they know - but even what they know may not be true when they tell jake because a player may change his tune. and in the mean time jake doesnt talk to his sources - or maybe the player doesnt talk to his sources.

There is no stock ticker that shows the changes of a certain players thoughts to jake in real time. He is nice enough to pass along the information he gets.

I've said this before. I would gladly contribute some money if it meant keeping the site operationable. No problem. I am not however going to pay to find out a kid committed at 4pm as opposed to waiting until 8pm when I can find out for free. Plus I live in Syracuse and have a million ways to find out.

I just find it funny that people (and in no way am I accusing the OP or anyone in this thread of anything) think the pay side will keep the rif raf away. Um, they could pay too right? So we now went from a free forum with rif raf to everyone paying with still the rif raf?

Sign me up baby!

I don't see the point of a pay site at all. I enjoy this site and it helps me keep up with Syracuse sports but I wouldn't pay to get on here. If there is a point where the site needs money I would gladly donate money to keep it going but I don't see any valid argument for a pay side.

I don't see the point of a pay site at all. I enjoy this site and it helps me keep up with Syracuse sports but I wouldn't pay to get on here. If there is a point where the site needs money I would gladly donate money to keep it going but I don't see any valid argument for a pay side.
Agree. Also, it would keep good posters away in addition to allowing bad posters in

I've said this before. I would gladly contribute some money if it meant keeping the site operationable. No problem. I am not however going to pay to find out a kid committed at 4pm as opposed to waiting until 8pm when I can find out for free. Plus I live in Syracuse and have a million ways to find out.

I just find it funny that people (and in no way am I accusing the OP or anyone in this thread of anything) think the pay side will keep the rif raf away. Um, they could pay too right? So we now went from a free forum with rif raf to everyone paying with still the rif raf?

Sign me up baby!

Ditto.

Not advocating a pay site...tried it on the old board a couple of years ago. For me it wasn't something that I felt I needed...but in defense of one of the most informed posters on this site...he did post at 8:35, before Noel did his thing, that he heard a last minute push was put on by Kentucky..and Kentucky looked to be the choice.

So the Georgetown prediction was trumped. Things happen.

Not advocating a pay site...tried it on the old board a couple of years ago. For me it wasn't something that I felt I needed...but in defense of one of the most informed posters on this site...he did post at 8:35, before Noel did his thing, that he heard a last minute push was put on by Kentucky..and Kentucky looked to be the choice.

So the Georgetown prediction was trumped. Things happen.

Exactly, jake got it right in the end like always...noels people duped pretty much everyone involved

Some of you people are clueless, Jake has one of the best sources you could possibly have for the bball program theres a reason why hes right 99% of the time. If you dont want a pay board dont sign up for it its that simple.

With Jake, uh, it doesn't decrease his credibility.

People who attacked Jake yesterday are dumb.

The only issue I have with a paysite is I don't want to divide the forum. If we have a "pay" side and a "free" side that means the members will be split and only be able to have conversations with their respective forum. I still want to have discussions with bees, jake, francis and I couldn't care less about the first hand info (it's nice, but it's not why I come here).

"outlash"..."operationable"...maybe a grammar forum is needed more than a pay site. :p

if people want to pay $$ for "scoops" and "rumors", good for them, and even better for those who collect the money. I'll stay on the "free" site myself.

I don't think that the site needs a pay side but perhaps the Mods can cull some of the syracuse.com bomb throwers from the site. There is no reason to personally attack respected posters like Jake and Francis.

Some of you people are clueless, Jake has one of the best sources you could possibly have for the bball program theres a reason why hes right 99% of the time. If you dont want a pay board dont sign up for it its that simple.

There will be a pay side when the time comes that we gave everything in place. People that don't want to join can just post here. Others that want content, recruit articles, other info etc can join. It will also bw more heavily moderated.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

There will be a pay side when the time comes that we gave everything in place. People that don't want to join can just post here. Others that want content, recruit articles, other info etc can join. It will also bw more heavily moderated.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Good

(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)

Yeah... everyone should have to pay for a couple nods and winks a year because you're worried a few people might have their feelings hurt. Give me a break.

There is an ignore option. It's free.

Once the pay site is operational, maybe people will drift back to the other free sites? Sounds ok to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.