OT:. Petrino's Peccadilloes | Syracusefan.com

OT:. Petrino's Peccadilloes

The rehire of L-ville still doesn't sit well with me. I have no respect for their school and AD on hiring this dirt bag after everything he has done along with screwing over L-ville. Throw the b-ball fiasco in there as well and makes L-ville less attractive of a school.

Didn't his Twitter account just get "hacked"? Related to some p@rn or something?

Sounds like he's right on schedule. He's nothing if not consistent.

He has so many lapses in judgment, I forgot this last one already!

The Bobby Petrino controversy timeline: A decade of shenanigans

I actually like Louisville the city and their fans but this guy is a weasel.

Petrino. That creep can coach man.

COzeJFoW8AAaAYm.jpg

At best, he will be fourth in our division...Babers will be moving a lot of ACC coaches downwards.

That remains to be seen (though i have faith).

During the coaching carousel this winter, it was apparent the conference has a ton of coaching death. Frankly, I'd put Petrino at the top of the heap, but other than maybe Clawson and Addazio, the entire coaching roster is pretty exemplary (and Clawson and Addazio are pretty decent as well).

Shrmdougluvr said:
That remains to be seen (though i have faith). During the coaching carousel this winter, it was apparent the conference has a ton of coaching death. Frankly, I'd put Petrino at the top of the heap, but other than maybe Clawson and Addazio, the entire coaching roster is pretty exemplary (and Clawson and Addazio are pretty decent as well).

At the top?!?

Give me Dabo or Jimbo. Better coaches without being a super creepy scumbag.

Dino, Dabo, and Jimbo.

Sounds like a pop group from the 60's.

Oh..and the use of the term peccadilloes (trifling fault) is being kind to the man.

Last edited:
Dino, Dabo, and Jimbo.

Sounds like a pop group from the 60's.

Oh..and the use of the term peccadilloes (trifling fault) is being kind to the man.

We also have Bronco,

hqdefault.jpg

errrr...

resize

Flipping through late night sports channel offerings, came across an ACC football preview program. Of course, Petrino was there talking at a podium, extolling the virtues of discipline and fundamentals. Yes, he kept a straight face all the while...

he is clearly not a quality person but we should hope Dino is as good on the sidelines. The guy can coach.

Not a comment on Petrino but why is everyone so high on Lamar Jackson? I haven't seen much of him <-disclaimer, but his numbers are the same as dungey's. Minus the rush yards and dungey only played 8 games.

LJ
54.7% 1840yds 12td 8int 126.8QBR
ED
59.7% 1298yds 11td 5int 136.6QBR

Not a comment on Petrino but why is everyone so high on Lamar Jackson? I haven't seen much of him <-disclaimer, but his numbers are the same as dungey's. Minus the rush yards and dungey only played 8 games.

LJ
ED

They give Louisville and Petrino the benefit of the doubt without looking at facts; Petrino has proven to be successful and his QBs perform well enough.

If you add 50% to ED's totals, the numbers look different and wold reflect a presumable full season: 1947 yards, 16/17 TDs, 7/8 Ints. More yards and TDs, same Int, ED is better...and in a worse situation (I won't dog the staff due to injuries and the new offense).

With HCDB installing his system, conditioning, fast approach, and EDs (and the backups) could see some fantastic numbers. One HCDB makes his mark, all others will come into question.

LJ
ED

Let's add them back in: 163 carries for 960 yards, (5.9 average) and 11 TDs. In the bowl game vs. Texas A&M, Jackson passed for 227 yards and 2 scores and ran fro 226 yards and two scores. They won 27-21, so he was the whole show.

Sounds pretty good to me.

LJ
ED

I would take Dungey over him, but the kid has a lot of talent.

Yes, the ville is loaded but we have jumped them on a Friday night in the dome previously when tbey had teddy. This is a very winnable game with a true soph qb.

Yes, the ville is loaded but we have jumped them on a Friday night in the dome previously when tbey had teddy. This is a very winnable game with a true soph qb.

I think we catch them at the perfect time.

I'm still not convinced that Petrino is a world beater. He is good and he recruits good talent. Mark Richt did the same with Georgia but managed to lose to UF regularly and never really achieved his potential with the teams he had. I wish him well at Miami, except when it benefits the Orange. Frank Beamer recruited lots of talent and as a rule didn't beat the big boys. Don't read this as a slam on these guys, just clarification that they are not quite the elite coaches, which is where I put Petrino; very good, not elite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom