OT: Philadelphia 76ers' $1.3 billion project calls for downtown arena by 2031-32 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Philadelphia 76ers' $1.3 billion project calls for downtown arena by 2031-32

Eric15

Living Legend
If built, the arena would be in the Fashion District which is a few blocks directly east of City Hall. This could be a very fun alternative to MSG for SU non-conference games, games vs. Nova, or potentially an ACC Tournament venue. I've always found the Philly Sports Complex to be kind of dreary and boring. It would be exciting to bring an arena closer to downtown with the limitless bars and restaurants around there.

(Holy hell I will be 50 years old when it opens)

If built, the arena would be in the Fashion District which is a few blocks directly east of City Hall. This could be a very fun alternative to MSG for SU non-conference games, games vs. Nova, or potentially an ACC Tournament venue. I've always found the Philly Sports Complex to be kind of dreary and boring. It would be exciting to bring an arena closer to downtown with the limitless bars and restaurants around there.

Yeah I'm right behind you at 49... don't want to be thinking about that right now lol

Upvote 0

I can't even remember when I was only 50 years old.

Upvote 0
The MCI/Verizon Center / Capital One Arena did wonders for that section of DC. Could be the same for Philly.

They’ve improved their sports complex area, but I think NHL/NBA arenas are better served in the city.

Upvote 0