OT: Pre-Holiday Poor Behavior Thread | Syracusefan.com

OT: Pre-Holiday Poor Behavior Thread

tptcuse

Living Legend
So, I am fortunate enough to have the next two weeks off for the Holidays starting Friday evening. So, rather than be responsible and rest up, I traditionally go out the night before a Holiday break, tip a few, wax poetic about the Season, and suffer through one day of grogginess with a grin on my face. Am I alone? Are there any other board members who pre-game a vacation?

So, I am fortunate enough to have the next two weeks off for the Holidays starting Friday evening. So, rather than be responsible and rest up, I traditionally go out the night before a Holiday break, tip a few, wax poetic about the Season, and suffer through one day of grogginess with a grin on my face. Am I alone? Are there any other board members who pre-game a vacation?

Are you saying you go out on Thursday and are hungover on your last day of work?
Or are you saying you are hungover on Saturday, the start of your vacation?

Normally I'd be right there with you. I do have the next 2 weeks off but unfortunately I have to coach a basketball game Saturday morning. I have learned over the years that one can not coach basketball hungover. Baseball and football yes, but not hoop. To much going on and the constant pounding of basketballs on the floor and squeaking sneakers are not conducive to a hangover. But I'll start early Saturday and roll right into Bengals- Vikings tailgating on Sunday, hair of the dog! Monday sleep until noon.

I also have the next two weeks off. But I am scheduled to do a years worth of house repairs and moving stuff in and out of storage. My 84 year old father is in hospital right now, stable, but having kidney issues. I am mostly stressed out of my mind and not celebrating much. Just call me Mr. Curmudgeon. But this will be my first 14 days off in a year and half. It will be nice not be commuting 2 hours per day for a break. Thank God my best friend has a great New Year's Eve party every year. I will get !&#^$@-faced then.

Last edited:
Normally I'd be right there with you. I do have the next 2 weeks off but unfortunately I have to coach a basketball game Saturday morning.

Me too. I coach a 5th/6th grade team. We had practice last night. We have a game on Saturday also. Coaching is a high point in my life right now. I love it when a kid makes a shot or does a play just outside his ability and builds confidence. We have two new plays we are going to running on Saturday to try to get more players involved on offence. 10/11 years are hard to coach because a lot of times they just can't get anything more complicated than 2 or 3 steps. So all our plays have to be very simple.

Well that is at night/weekends so it really doesnt count right?
Well, no, unless you are sleeping at work. But then again, you are doing work for us in being able to rate every team in the NCAA so we can properly fill out our brackets in March.

Me too. I coach a 5th/6th grade team. We had practice last night. We have a game on Saturday also. Coaching is a high point in my life right now. I love it when a kid makes a shot or does a play just outside his ability and builds confidence. We have two new plays we are going to running on Saturday to try to get more players involved on offence. 10/11 years are hard to coach because a lot of times they just can't get anything more complicated than 2 or 3 steps. So all our plays have to be very simple.
I have 2 rules tat I have used since 1st grade. 1 - Have fun! 2- If you're open shoot! It was my job as a coach to get them in positions where they woullbe open to shoot a shot they were capable of making. It can be pretty simple at times.

Well, no, unless you are sleeping at work. But then again, you are doing work for us in being able to rate every team in the NCAA so we can properly fill out our brackets in March.

I got mocked pretty bad last night by my wife for watching the TCU-Grambling game.

I also watched USC-Upstate beat South Carolina. Pathetic I know.
It may be time for an intervention but I guess you do have to watch something while you have a PBR.

I also watched USC-Upstate beat South Carolina. Pathetic I know.
I can't believe you've sunk to the level of watching SEC basketball. Or maybe you thought you tuned in to watch an A-Sun game and they just happended to playing one of their early season patsies from the SEC?

When I was a hearty young male I pre-gamed 4-5 nights a week 52 weeks a year. Holidays and vacations neither added or detracted from my routine.

I did it for close to 25 years. I suspect that CuseTroop is currently doing the same.

Maybe you need to start limiting yourself to the top 100.

he may have missed the dunk city usf game... which was the game of the year so far.

When I was a hearty young male I pre-gamed 4-5 nights a week 52 weeks a year. Holidays and vacations neither added or detracted from my routine.

I did it for close to 25 years. I suspect that CuseTroop is currently doing the same.

I was never that hearty!

Are you saying you go out on Thursday and are hungover on your last day of work?
Or are you saying you are hungover on Saturday, the start of your vacation?
I go out on the Thursday night before vacation and then cruise through Friday. I've been living in NYC and lived in DC and London before that. All of those cities are big for locals going out on Thursday nights. I don't drink enough to have a big hangover, but I am just groggy enough to not let any last minute nonsense bother me. It worked like a charm today! Happy weekend to all!