OT-Providence fan/bar story | Syracusefan.com

OT-Providence fan/bar story

CuseTroop

Vegas Mole Person
Was at the bar Saturday (obviously) watching basketball. The phone rings, and the bartender asked me if we got the upcoming Providence game. I told her we did, and yelled, "but you tell him that this is a Syracuse bar, so he can take that weak shii11t somewhere else". Naturally the bartender did.
Well, he said he was coming anyway.

My buddy needed help with something, so he came picked me up, I helped him, and he dropped me off. I walk into the bar, and yell, "Where is that Providence fan, we need to go a few rounds" and everyone started laughing, and points to this Huuuuggeeee dude about 4 feet from me.

Dude was big. I'm tiny. I bought him a drink, we talked a while about the big east, and both schools, and when our separate ways.

A little while later he came up, gave me his card. He was a producer for the Discovery Channel, and everyone with him was on his crew. He wants to put me in his show about Alaskan tow truck drivers. I'm going to play the victim.

They called me today. We are filming this weekend, and are filming around both the SU and Providence schedules.

Look out Kim Kardashian, I'm gonna be famous!

The Torah urges us, as one of its primary commandments (repeated many times), to be kind to "strangers in your land." I have found it pretty good advice. And now you have experienced the fruits of it.

" and do not oppress the widow or the orphan, or the stranger... in a strange land, where they have no friends or acquaintances" (Zechariah 7)

"When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself" (Leviticus 19).

Last edited:
Dude was big. I'm tiny.

I always envisioned you as 6'8" and 250-270 lbs. Either this guy was Andre the Giant incarnate or I have been way off base. I imagine your initial meeting went something like this:

image.jpg

I refuse to believe otherwise.

Was at the bar Saturday (obviously) watching basketball. The phone rings, and the bartender asked me if we got the upcoming Providence game. I told her we did, and yelled, "but you tell him that this is a Syracuse bar, so he can take that weak shii11t somewhere else". Naturally the bartender did.

My buddy needed help with something, so he came picked me up, I helped him, and he dropped me off. I walk into the bar, and yell, "Where is that Providence fan, we need to go a few rounds" and everyone started laughing, and points to this Huuuuggeeee dude about 4 feet from me.

Dude was big. I'm tiny. I bought him a drink, we talked a while about the big east, and both schools, and when our separate ways.

A little while later he came up, gave me his card. He was a producer for the Discovery Channel, and everyone with him was on his crew. He wants to put me in his show about Alaskan tow truck drivers. I'm going to play the victim.

They called me today. We are filming this weekend, and are filming around both the SU and Providence schedules.

Either you or NYCFAN is gonna be thanking the Academy someday...

Impossible to respect a dude who cowers to a providence fan.

Make sure you show them the Sasquatch carcasses you've collected over the years. You could become as famous in that community as the Ancient Aliens guy is in his!

It's about the same temperature in Fairbanks as it is in Vermont (30's). What, exactly, is going to be so interesting about Alaskan tow-truck drivers this weekend? LOL

Hopefully, this guy is one hell of a producer.

Wear an unambiguous orange shirt that says "Syracuse" or "Cuse." No clever saying on it that no one will understand and therefore will not associate with Syracuse.

PS.. I hope you don't get killed in the segment. Did you ask them whether your survive?

The Torah urges us, as one of its prime commandments (repeated many times), to be kind to "strangers in your land." I have found it pretty good advice. And now you have experienced the fruits of it.

" and do not oppress the widow or the orphan, or the stranger... in a strange land, where they have no friends or acquaintances" (Zechariah 7)

"When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself" (Leviticus 19).

Stranger in a strange land. Land of ice and snow...

Wear an unambiguous orange shirt that says "Syracuse" or "Cuse." No clever saying on it that no one will understand and therefore will not associate with Syracuse.

PS.. I hope you don't get killed in the segment. Did you ask them whether your survive?

I have a few Syracuse shirts that could fit the bill. I'm hoping the lax shirt that Mntcuse was talking about arrives before then. That would be perfect.

As section314 mentioned tho, we might be pretending that its colder out then it is.. Might have to rock a jacket. Will have the ol Cuse hat on tho for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom