Class of 2018 - OT Qadir White (NY) SIGNED NLI to SYRACUSE | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 OT Qadir White (NY) SIGNED NLI to SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said this in the other thread, but I think it should be said again. Monroe is a machine. He is everything McF#@%it was supposed to be and more. Hopefully he's with Dino for the long haul, and that place is here. I am in the camp where Wildhack should look to extend Dino if we open up 3-0
4-0 and then extend him. We should be expected to go 3-0.

That's asking a lot to go on the road against a decent SEC team and beat them.
I'm not suggesting they will. All I'm saying is that we're talking about a coach who, despite all the great feelings we're having about him, is 4-8. If we start 3-0 by beating 3 teams that we should beat, that to me wouldn't warrant any consideration regarding an extension. Shock the world by beating the Tigers on in Death Valley, now there should be serious consideration.

I'm not suggesting they will. All I'm saying is that we're talking about a coach who, despite all the great feelings we're having about him, is 4-8. If we start 3-0 by beating 3 teams that we should beat, that to me wouldn't warrant any consideration regarding an extension. Shock the world by beating the Tigers on in Death Valley, now there should be serious consideration.

Really just "serious consideration" for doing that???? That's an auto extension for sure. I think people are stuck looking at the tree which is his 4-8 record and not the forest which is his body of work with the dumpster fire of a program he was left with. Out of date training methods, unsuccessfully recruiting for the greater part of 3 years AND then having to build a solid class in next to now time, an offense that belonged in the early 90s, and a fan-base that just really didn't care.
The man single handily motivated me and the wife to buy season tickets two years ago, we are on the verge of a top 40 recruiting class, we know have a world class training program for these young men. I have no doubt he has earned a 1-2 year extension at this point as we really really can not afford to take any steps back, BUT if he goes down to Death Valley and where to win next year that's a 5 year extension literally right after his post game speech.

That's asking a lot to go on the road against a decent SEC team and beat them.
That's the point. He's saying starting 3-0 against the teams we'll be paying isn't reason enough to extend the contract of a coach 3 games into his second year. Follow that up with a big upset over a heavily favored big name OOC opponent, however, and that pushes things over the top.

Qadir White

For the coaches out there. Are you supposed to drag the foot like that? It certainly looked intentional. What is the reasoning behind it? It seems like it would slow you down.

Dino is going to win at Syracuse there is absolutely no doubt about that. I dont care if he goes 4/8 again this year. If Whit cant see that he is perfect for Syracuse he shouldn't be AD. Name one other coach that is a better fit for us. I cant. Dino fits cuse like a glove. If we are smart we will wrap him up now. Once he beats an LSU it may be too late.

For the coaches out there. Are you supposed to drag the foot like that? It certainly looked intentional. What is the reasoning behind it? It seems like it would slow you down.
I'm guessing no... the tape is over a year old, though. Seems quick enough, and something he could fix(if a prob-it looks very minor, either way) Here's Sampson's drill for comparison.(looks like Froumy was up next)

Were Q's feet quicker?

Last edited:
I'm guessing no... the tape is over a year old, though. Seems quick enough, and something he could fix(if a prob-it looks very minor, either way) Here's Sampson's drill for comparison.(looks like Froumy was up next)

Were Q's feet quicker?

Froumy is a big kid

Were Q's feet quicker?

Yeah. I'm not questioning his quickness just curious about proper technique since I've never coached. Sampson didn't seem to do it in his.

Hard to say... Looks like he may have been kicking up some pellets on his front slide... Just more noticeable with Q, with the close up?

Q was at 297? On that clip. Looks like a better playing weight than his 334 pics.

Last edited:
4-0 and then extend him. We should be expected to go 3-0.

There have many times we have been "expected" to start 3-0, 4-0, or whatever, and have not. Start 3-0, do so in impressive fashion, and extend him when we still have the leverage. Should they wait until he upsets LSU, and then try to extend him when all the leverage is gone? I think it's clear as day the man knows what he is doing. He has a proven track record at previous stops and has shown he can recruit at a level not seen in well over a decade. Say we drag our feet and then Dino has a season that starts to draw the attention of other top programs. Syracuse is going to be at a disadvantage when it comes to holding onto successful head coaches. I think they are going to have to take a unique position when it comes to obtaining a winning HC. We've seen enough over the years to realize that if Dino isn't able to turn this around with the stylistic changes he has brought, then I don't think too many HC's outside of Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, or Dabo Sweeney will have a better chance and we all know that somebody with a resume close to that isn't coming here. We may have to take a gamble. Wildhack is going to have to find someone he thinks will get the job done and go all-in. We don't have the luxury of waiting and seeing how things play it. It's just not going to happen here. If Dino isn't the guy to gamble on then I don't know who will be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom