OT: Rutgers gets an AD | Syracusefan.com

OT: Rutgers gets an AD

Dude

• Looks like

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • A lady

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
"Pernetti’s hiring paid off as he invigorated donors and guided Rutgers through the disintegration of the Big East Conference, landing the university an invitation to join the Big Ten."

:rolling:

"Pernetti’s hiring paid off as he invigorated donors and guided Rutgers through the disintegration of the Big East Conference, landing the university an invitation to join the Big Ten."

The Rice situation aside, Pernetti did a great job at Rutgers, IMO. He made chicken salad using only chicken ...

The Rice situation aside, Pernetti did a great job at Rutgers, IMO. He made chicken salad using only chicken ...

The thing is chicken salad is nasty.

Well he did invigorate their two biggest donors to donate more. The State of New Jersey and the general student body.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Well he did invigorate their two biggest donors to donate more. The State of New Jersey and the general student body.

Sent using my Commodore 64
who wrote that for you?? ;)

Shades of the Cheese Shop sketch.

"And what, pray tell, leads you to that conclusion?"

"Well, it's so clean."

"It's certainly uncontaminated by quality athletics programs."

I think Pernetti had more to do with the disintegration than with the invitation.

A few bits from the linked article:

"Hermann becomes one of a relatively few women leading major sports programs and also assumes the helm without experience as an athletic director. "
[So, no experience and has to manage a major transition and crack the old boys network of B1G ADs]

"...arrives at Rutgers while the athletic department is still dealing with the fallout of the Rice situation. Her task is not only managing the move to the Big Ten, but also repairing the image of the university’s athletic department and winning back supporters angered by the basketball scandal. "
[just to add to the challenge a little more]

"Hermann, flanked by the Rutgers president Robert W. Barchi and members of the committee that selected her, said team practices would be an “open book.”
“We will no longer have any practice anywhere, anytime that anybody couldn’t walk into and be pleased about what is going on in that environment,”
[I wonder if she vetted this with the football coach? To make extra money, maybe they could have vendors working the sections of opposing team scouts in attendance]

"Hermann has never been directly responsible for a football program, the lifeblood of an athletic department. “I manage coaches for a living, whether it is the rowing coach or the football coach,” she said. "
[yep, no difference there]

A few bits from the linked article:

"Hermann becomes one of a relatively few women leading major sports programs and also assumes the helm without experience as an athletic director. "
[So, no experience and has to manage a major transition and crack the old boys network of B1G ADs]

"...arrives at Rutgers while the athletic department is still dealing with the fallout of the Rice situation. Her task is not only managing the move to the Big Ten, but also repairing the image of the university’s athletic department and winning back supporters angered by the basketball scandal. "
[just to add to the challenge a little more]

"Hermann, flanked by the Rutgers president Robert W. Barchi and members of the committee that selected her, said team practices would be an “open book.”
“We will no longer have any practice anywhere, anytime that anybody couldn’t walk into and be pleased about what is going on in that environment,”
[I wonder if she vetted this with the football coach? To make extra money, maybe they could have vendors working the sections of opposing team scouts in attendance]

"Hermann has never been directly responsible for a football program, the lifeblood of an athletic department. “I manage coaches for a living, whether it is the rowing coach or the football coach,” she said. "
[yep, no difference there]
She has no idea what she has gotten herself into. This was a no win start looking for your next job situation. Will make an easy scapegoat when the Rutgirls (seems even more appropriate now!) athletic teams bring up the rear of the conference across the board. I give her 3 years tops, before she's waiting tables at the Bada Bing!

Sounds good for game week scouting by opposing coaching staffs

Maybe the long term plan is to bring Strong along as well