Class of 2016 - OT Sam Heckel (WI) SIGNED LOI | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OT Sam Heckel (WI) SIGNED LOI

Looking through his twitter looks like he camped at Wisconsin hoping for an offer and didn't get one.

We've tried in Wisky before and then gotten flipped by the Badgers late. Scary

He'll have to visit this week or next as the Dead Period starts on June 29... and then no visits to campus until after July 12.

He'll have to visit this week or next as the Dead Period starts on June 29... and then no visits to campus until after July 12.
Is that true? Because Colon recently mentioned visiting some schools around the 4th of July.

No. Dead is dead. No campus visits where he meets with coaches.

Dead Period — Coaches are not permitted to make in-person recruiting contacts or evaluations on or off-campus or to permit official or unofficial visits by recruits or to make phone calls to recruits.

June 29, 2015 through July 12, 2015 — Dead Period

No. Dead is dead. No campus visits where he meets with coaches.

Dead Period — Coaches are not permitted to make in-person recruiting contacts or evaluations on or off-campus or to permit official or unofficial visits by recruits or to make phone calls to recruits.

June 29, 2015 through July 12, 2015 — Dead Period
That's all well and good. But it appears some recruits are not aware of this, as plans are being made for visits, apparently.

That's all well and good. But it appears some recruits are not aware of this, as plans are being made for visits, apparently.
Unless they go up for an unofficial, where they just look around, talk to professors/counselors/etc. And possibly talk to players - I don't think that is prohibited during the dead period.

Totally defeats the effort of a kid going up to CNY if he cant bond with the coaches.

Totally defeats the effort of a kid going up to CNY if he cant bond with the coaches.
No, I don't think it does. If you want to take a first look at the school, maybe talk to some players, it can tell you a lot about whether you want to be there. Is it ideal? No. Does it totally defeat the 'effort'? No.

Then perhaps their parents or coaches should advise them that this is not a good time to visit. Seems to me it defeats some of the purpose of an unofficial... of having an opportunity to meet with the coaching staff and see the athletic facilities.

Then perhaps their parents or coaches should advise them that this is not a good time to visit. Seems to me it defeats some of the purpose of an unofficial... of having an opportunity to meet with the coaching staff and see the athletic facilities.
Obviously a visit during the dead period is less than ideal. That being said, could a player or even someone like Eric White show them around campus and the athletic facilities? I know it's a slippery slope, and one I'd rather not SU be on (especially in light of the recent NCAA turmoil), but for those who like to find loopholes, I'd figure I'd ask.

Obviously a visit during the dead period is less than ideal. That being said, could a player or even someone like Eric White show them around campus and the athletic facilities? I know it's a slippery slope, and one I'd rather not SU be on (especially in light of the recent NCAA turmoil), but for those who like to find loopholes, I'd figure I'd ask.
I never said this was a Syracuse visit, by the way. It wasn't an SU visit he's talking about over this period. Just to clarify. I think he said it was Auburn or Alabama or both.

"or to permit official or unofficial visits by recruits" I would say from that phrasing it would be a violation.

I never said this was a Syracuse visit, by the way. It wasn't an SU visit he's talking about over this period. Just to clarify. I think he said it was Auburn or Alabama or both.
LOL......The first thing I thought of is it would neverr stop Saban from bumping into him when i saw it was in the dead period

"or to permit official or unofficial visits by recruits" I would say from that phrasing it would be a violation.
Maybe he just wants to visit Chipotle. I don't think it's technically on campus. ;)

Damn this kid looks really good, and sounds like he is very interested in us. Wonder if there is room for him now?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom