OT: Silver Knight Foundation golf tourney Aug. 14th | Syracusefan.com

OT: Silver Knight Foundation golf tourney Aug. 14th

DCCuse

Tailgate Buffet Legend
Periodically, I've come on here pitching an event for the charity I work for with the local pro indoor soccer team -- the Syracuse Silver Knights. I wanted to wait to post this as to not compete with the Orangeyes Open. If any of you are golfers and would be interested, it should be a great day and this one of our biggest fundraisers so we can do programming for local kids throughout the year. It is a standard Capt and Crew format and will be at 1pm at the Links at Erie Village. The cost is supposed to be $100 per person (or $400 a foursome), but we had an early bird (pre-August 1st) cost of $80 per person ($320 for foursome) that I'd like to extend to this group. Lots of fun stuff planned like a radar gun measuring your club speed; "19th Hole" with footgolf; boxed lunches delivered on the course by the dance team; great silent auction items; pictures with the mascot; beer from Southern Tier on the course to name a few. For more information, please email me at rick@silverknightfoundation.org for more info or PayPal your entry free to the account at silverknightfoundation@gmail.com to confirm participation (include names in your foursome). If you want to play, but can't get a full foursome, let me know and I can pair you with someone. Thanks and hope to see you some of you out there at the Links!

I'd like to give Rick a big shout out for his silver knight foundation golf outing. Today was a great day of golf and a nice gathering of folks who joined in to help raise money for a good purpose. If you couldn't make it this year, I'd like to put a plug in for the outing for next year. It's a good course with good sponsors including a Southern Tier keg on the course, a nice silent auction, and over all a great event. We finished at -8 with an eagle. We didnt win but had a good day. Thanks Rick...I had a great time...

Thank you so much Don for your support and kind words. It's a lot of work putting these events on and there is always something more you could do to make it better. At the end of the day, did we make a little money for the cause and did the attendees enjoy themselves? I think the answer to both was yes, so that makes me happy.

I'd like to give Rick a big shout out for his silver knight foundation golf outing. Today was a great day of golf and a nice gathering of folks who joined in to help raise money for a good purpose. If you couldn't make it this year, I'd like to put a plug in for the outing for next year. It's a good course with good sponsors including a Southern Tier keg on the course, a nice silent auction, and over all a great event. We finished at -8 with an eagle. We didnt win but had a good day. Thanks Rick...I had a great time...
Nice. Let's hear the story of the eagle. Did Rick make another long putt? Was it on the drivable par 4 # 16?

Nice. Let's hear the story of the eagle. Did Rick make another long putt? Was it on the drivable par 4 # 16?
Tomcat is all knowing! Our random new friend, Bora, gets much of the credit. He showed up at the Links Friday night to hit the driving range with his nephew. He saw the flyer for the tournament and asked if we needed golfers still, which of course I said yes and glad I did. The man could play as Don can attest. Bora on his first tee shot actually flew the entire 16th hole and was closer to the 17th tee box. Since we only had three in our foursome, Bora got a second crack at it and hit it to the back fringe of the 16th green leaving us with a make able 15 footer or so that yes Tom I was able to sink. Have to say, the most disappointed point of the round was the lip out 30 footer for Eagle on 7. Regardless, all the Eagles cancelled out and only skin was a birdie on 9.

Bora actually drove in from Rochester and he is welcome on my team any time!!!

Tomcat is all knowing! Our random new friend, Bora, gets much of the credit. He showed up at the Links Friday night to hit the driving range with his nephew. He saw the flyer for the tournament and asked if we needed golfers still, which of course I said yes and glad I did. The man could play as Don can attest. Bora on his first tee shot actually flew the entire 16th hole and was closer to the 17th tee box. Since we only had three in our foursome, Bora got a second crack at it and hit it to the back fringe of the 16th green leaving us with a make able 15 footer or so that yes Tom I was able to sink. Have to say, the most disappointed point of the round was the lip out 30 footer for Eagle on 7. Regardless, all the Eagles cancelled out and only skin was a birdie on 9.

Bora actually drove in from Rochester and he is welcome on my team any time!!!
Bora Bora = eagle! Nice! Glad you guys had a good time...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom