OT- syr.com warning | Syracusefan.com

OT- syr.com warning

Pyle

All Conference
So I go to check out some football stuffs today at Syracuse.com and find out I've been blocked. Apparently I had maxed out my level of free articles. They are requiring a $17.29/month subscription. I filled out a survey and told them they were ridiculous, I pay 1/2 that for my digital streaming TV/Movie services. I'm certainly not paying that much for a hack site filled with nothing but editorials and twitter style reporting. I'm not sure if guest access still works but this is ridiculous and going to kill that site. I predict they will lose about 75% of their current traffic. Ad revenues will crash. What a stupid decision. Even the NYTimes charges less for the basic sub.

So I go to check out some football stuffs today at Syracrap.com and find out I've been blocked. Apparently I had maxed out my level of free articles. They are requiring a $17.29/month subscription. I filled out a survey and told them they were ridiculous, I pay 1/2 that for my digital streaming TV/Movie services. I'm certainly not paying that much for a hack site filled with nothing but editorials and twitter style reporting. I'm not sure if guest access still works but this is ridiculous and going to kill that site. I predict they will lose about 75% of their current traffic. Ad revenues will crash. What a stupid decision. Even the NYTimes charges less for the basic sub.
Absolutely. I DO appreciate Syracuse.com, but charging this rate is nuts. I think you get so many views a month for free, but that's it. They lost a lot of hits they would normally get from me

Hope you had more tact than that, it is expensive but I’d ignore ur feedback right when you referred to it as crap.

So I go to check out some football stuffs today at Syracrap.com and find out I've been blocked. Apparently I had maxed out my level of free articles. They are requiring a $17.29/month subscription. I filled out a survey and told them they were ridiculous, I pay 1/2 that for my digital streaming TV/Movie services. I'm certainly not paying that much for a hack site filled with nothing but editorials and twitter style reporting. I'm not sure if guest access still works but this is ridiculous and going to kill that site. I predict they will lose about 75% of their current traffic. Ad revenues will crash. What a stupid decision. Even the NYTimes charges less for the basic sub.
They are outta there minds and will not be gettin a dime from me! Plenty of other places to get my news for free. Pretty ridiculous like u said but that's Syracuse for ya!

I just got blocked today on Syracuse.com, I would pay up to 10 bucks a month for it but I refuse to pay more then I pay for things such as Netflix, hulu, apple music, and my local news paper.

I feel like I’d pay $3 a month or so. Maybe $5. That’s the max though. $17?? That’s a 30 rack.

lol, $17 is such a stretch.

how much did the post standard delivery cost?

I understand the news industry has changed drastically over the last few years with all the free digital content available online. Agencies like this are slowly going out of business and they are trying something different to conteract a dying industry. I like a lot of the content for both basketball and football, but I cannot justify over $200 a year. $5 per month would be something I would consider if the content and coverage of SU sports continued at its current level or improved, but nearly $20/month is rediculous. A subscription to the NY Times is less than that... Hopefully somebody at syracuse.com reads this constructive criticism before it's too late.

I understand the news industry has changed drastically over the last few years with all the free digital content available online. Agencies like this are slowly going out of business and they are trying something different to conteract a dying industry. I like a lot of the content for both basketball and football, but I cannot justify over $200 a year. $5 per month would be something I would consider if the content and coverage of SU sports continued at its current level or improved, but nearly $20/month is rediculous. A subscription to the NY Times is less than that... Hopefully somebody at syracuse.com reads this constructive criticism before it's too late.

I’m fairly certain the NYT is $8 a month for the first year then $15/mth after that...

I just look from more than a handful of devices. If it requires email, I'll just use one of my handful of emails. I have a multitude of different networks. I'd happily give them $5 bucks a month to support their efforts, but not $17.

I just look from more than a handful of devices. If it requires email, I'll just use one of my handful of emails. I have a multitude of different networks. I'd happily give them $5 bucks a month to support their efforts, but not $17.

Obviously the way people consume news has changed drastically. No money in paper so they have to sustain themselves somehow, many local papers do this. That being said $17 a month seems just a bit steep.

Digital Access alone for the WSJ is $39/month plus tax.

I think you can get it cheaper than that if you just keep saying no after your trial ends.

I ended up on the phone with someone and yada yada yada, I pay about $12/month for digital.

Business wise Newspapers made a mistake initially giving free access on line. Most people stopped their paper based subsciption maybe except for the Sunday paper at that time. Very difficult to get people to pay when they had free access to higher quality writing for free for years. They let many of their quality writers leave and then started charging for access. Horrible timing and business planning. Sad but it seems that the loss of ad revenue and subscribers forced them to make this late and high fee priced decision. I sure hope not but I can see there being a merger with Buffalo newspaper etc encompassing upstate news in the future.