OT - Syracuse area dinner recommendation for tomorrow night | Syracusefan.com

OT - Syracuse area dinner recommendation for tomorrow night

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
Hi, folks. I am posting this here just because of the traffic. I have a big birthday dinner coming up tomorrow night, and am looking for some quick recommendations for a reservation. I'd like to try someplace new; I've grown a little stale on my old favorites.

Thank you.

Hi, folks. I am posting this here just because of the traffic. I have a big birthday dinner coming up tomorrow night, and am looking for some quick recommendations for a reservation. I'd like to try someplace new; I've grown a little stale on my old favorites.

Thank you.
Mohegan Manor in Baldwinsville has a private room and does a nice job. So does Nick and Angelo's in Liverpool.

The Preserve in the inner harbor just opened 3 weeks ago. My wife and I went 2 weeks ago and enjoyed it. They may still be working out the kinks though.

Apizza, next to and owned by DBBQ. Fun, offers outdoor seating, solid wine/beer.

Depends on what kind of dinner you are looking for. Moro's table in Auburn was a really good spot my wife and I have been trying to get back to. eeerrffinnnn kidssss.

The Preserve in the inner harbor just opened 3 weeks ago. My wife and I went 2 weeks ago and enjoyed it. They may still be working out the kinks though.

I could not get past the decor in the syracuse.com article photos. Reminds me of Farva's place in Super Troopers, minus the mozzarella sticks.

Would help if you list your old favorites so we can exclude those. For newer places, a mano and Citronelle were both pretty good.

Those are 2 new places I was looking at.

I used to like Francesca's a lot, but haven't been there in probably five years after a string of bad meals, culminating in an inedible lobster tail that tasted like it had been rinsed in bleach to get a bad smell off it.

I like good Italian food; I would like a good steak, but have not been too impressed by Prime or Scotch & Sirloin. Thanks for the recommendations.

I used to like Francesca's a lot, but haven't been there in probably five years after a string of bad meals, culminating in an inedible lobster tail that tasted like it had been rinsed in bleach to get a bad smell off it.

I like good Italian food; I would like a good steak, but have not been too impressed by Prime or Scotch & Sirloin. Thanks for the recommendations.
317 Montgomery gave me a great steak.

317 Montgomery gave me a great steak.

317's great, I'll second that.

I hear good things about Stone's on the boulevard. Haven't been, but I thought their old fast-casual place in Shoppingtown was really solid.

I could not get past the decor in the syracuse.com article photos. Reminds me of Farva's place in Super Troopers, minus the mozzarella sticks.

LOL. Wasn't as bad as the pictures made it out to be. Had a decent night time vibe. The food was excellent. They are still figuring out the service though.

Delmonico's would give you both steak n pasta in a meal.

Thank you.

How about Joelle's, just outside Skaneateles?

https://joellesfrenchbistrony.com/ (Note: the restaurant is quite a bit better than its website.)

317's great, I'll second that.

I hear good things about Stone's on the boulevard. Haven't been, but I thought their old fast-casual place in Shoppingtown was really solid.
Now you tell me! Please put this on Jeremy's list immediately.

Eva's (Polish and Eastern European) in Solvay is amazing. And The Clam Bar in North Syracuse can be a real treat (their German chicken wings are awesome), but it usually crowds up fast on Fridays and Saturdays.

Laci's Tapas has really good food.

Nice call. Lots of good suggestions. Thanks folks!
It's noon and I'm still torn, but I have to call someplace and see if I can get a reservation.
Thank you to everyone.
I have a couple new places to try, and might give a couple old ones another shot.

Nice call. Lots of good suggestions. Thanks folks!
It's noon and I'm still torn, but I have to call someplace and see if I can get a reservation.
Thank you to everyone.
I have a couple new places to try, and might give a couple old ones another shot.
So where’d you go?