OT: Syracuse Cursive/Script image | Syracusefan.com

OT: Syracuse Cursive/Script image

JDubbin

The ONLY Syracuse Sneakers Avatar Guy
Hey... as a huge fan of Syracuse gear, I am in the process of making a custom orange Nike crew neck sweatshirt... I would LOVE to have the white Cursive/Script on the front, used on the uniforms from the late 80's & early 90's. Do any of you have a stand-alone image in white of the script that could be used for screen printing on clothing? The best I can find is a photo from the uniforms used a couple of years ago, but I need to erase the background and I don't think the quality is quite what I need (also may have a wrinkle or two throwing off the image). Let me know, thanks!
Hyper_Elite_Dominance_Syracuse_Uniforms.jpg

Preview:
m_59dacfac99086a56de017c39_1.jpg

Attachments

• m_59dacfac99086a56de017c39 (1).jpg
    m_59dacfac99086a56de017c39 (1).jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 260
  • Hyper-Elite-Dominance-Syracuse-Uniforms.jpg
    Hyper-Elite-Dominance-Syracuse-Uniforms.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 784
Nike does custom script like that? Link your order here. I bet you 20-30 people will order one. That cursive script almost made me spend $125 to get one of those jerseys, until I realized I'd have to buy it from Dave at "Shirt World".

These were sold just a couple years ago in Tee. Not sure if there was ever a sweatshirt.
View attachment 125782
I recently had that shirt, but it was too big and resold it... I should have taken an image when I had it (doh!). There's a blue sweatshirt with orange script that came out a couple years ago, but it simply is not available to buy online anywhere on the internet right now (if anyone has it in Large or XL I'll buy it from you;)). There has never been an official release Nike orange crew neck with Syracuse script... hence the project I'm working on!
thumb.aspx

Nike does custom script like that? Link your order here. I bet you 20-30 people will order one. That cursive script almost made me spend $125 to get one of those jerseys, until I realized I'd have to buy it from Dave at "Shirt World".
So you would have been billed $175?

I think OP is considering making his own 'knockoff' shirt. He should probably drop the swoosh (or at least not post online about it.) He definitely should NOT sell them.

We are really due for an overhaul of the jerseys its been over a decade since this style was adopted.

650D8A5D-0F29-4A20-B081-4F5BA9CBB34B.jpeg
0A3C5634-392A-4FE3-A4B2-B0918731A233.jpeg
Hey everyone! I’m a long time lurker but I had to post on this one. I’m a huge Syracuse gear fan myself and had this made this winter. The Otto is made out of chenille lettering like a varsity letter!

Last edited by a moderator:
5F893A79-0E66-4BB6-9E26-DCFDE948A983.jpeg
If this thread turns into a sweet/rare/custom/vintage SU gear thread, I wouldn't be mad at it (but I'm still looking for a white Syracuse script image;))!

Is this what you’re looking for?

This is the one I have right now, though it needs a little more touch up work from me... just a clean digital image would be better though
cuse.png

I always wished I could buy one of those Nike winter storm fit coats that the players get...I’d seriously pay pretty much what ever someone wanted... (message me if you can hook me up on this one).

If this thread turns into a sweet/rare/custom/vintage SU gear thread, I wouldn't be mad at it (but I'm still looking for a white Syracuse script image;))!
I’ll bite. I got this jacket as a gift. Design by Futura which is pretty cool but it is definitely an odd one in my collection of pretty obvious Syracuse gear.
Only thing missing imo is “Syracuse” on the back. So that could be a project.

Nike Sportswear x FUTURA - Syracuse Orangemen Be True N98 Track Jacket
Feature a repetitive jagged graphics on the front, bold color and style, with each of the jacket feature a special "maddening" variant of the Orangemen mascot from Syracuse University, specifically designed by FUTURA. The Nike Sportswear x FUTURA - Syracuse Orangemen Be True N98 Track Jacket is available in White or Black. Currently on sale at selected Nike Sportswear retailer, 21 Mercer Street, and NikeStore.com.
65CFC9E7-A4AC-43B6-BFBE-D210D989BD59.jpeg

I’ll bite. I got this jacket as a gift. Design by Futura which is pretty cool but it is definitely an odd one in my collection of pretty obvious Syracuse gear.
Only thing missing imo is “Syracuse” on the back. So that could be a project.

Nike Sportswear x FUTURA - Syracuse Orangemen Be True N98 Track Jacket
Feature a repetitive jagged graphics on the front, bold color and style, with each of the jacket feature a special "maddening" variant of the Orangemen mascot from Syracuse University, specifically designed by FUTURA. The Nike Sportswear x FUTURA - Syracuse Orangemen Be True N98 Track Jacket is available in White or Black. Currently on sale at selected Nike Sportswear retailer, 21 Mercer Street, and NikeStore.com.
View attachment 125793

I have the letterman from this collection. The last time I wore it was at a bar in NYC for the Final Four game against UNC. A head turner for sure.

How? Where?

Tell me.

Now.

Limited release by Packer Shoes in New Jersey. Released the day of the Sweet 16 game against Duke.

Hey... as a huge fan of Syracuse gear, I am in the process of making a custom orange Nike crew neck sweatshirt... I would LOVE to have the white Cursive/Script on the front, used on the uniforms from the late 80's & early 90's. Do any of you have a stand-alone image in white of the script that could be used for screen printing on clothing? The best I can find is a photo from the uniforms used a couple of years ago, but I need to erase the background and I don't think the quality is quite what I need (also may have a wrinkle or two throwing off the image). Let me know, thanks!
Hyper_Elite_Dominance_Syracuse_Uniforms.jpg

Preview:
m_59dacfac99086a56de017c39_1.jpg
Best way to do it would be to find the actual font and just typeset it. I did a quick search on Dafont.com, but didn't find it. The 'deeper' search, though, is through 434 pages of all of their script fonts... But, i have a feeling it's a Nike custom thing.

So, next option would be to recreate it in Illustrator with a vector trace. It might get you 'close enough for rock n roll,' but it won't be completely clean without a lot of time spent in cleanup. And you may find that the outline on the shirt images is important in defining the characters. I may give it a go if i can find some time later today. If you try it, use the largest, flattest/straightest image you can find. If you find a larger sample, post it here.

I just quickly tried the Vector trace thing. Not good. Even after using photoshop to try to isolate the script from the orange background, it's messy. Too many not-sharp pixellated areas. So, the resulting trace is low-res and cartoony.

Later found that even the SU graphic standards doesn't include mention of the script. And it's said that the script is owned by Nike.

So... If you have a few hours, go to DaFont.com, select the SCRIPTs—red bar at the top—and plug in "Syracuse" into the Preview box. You'll get 434 pages of free font options. You might find one that's close enough, as there have been syracuse-branded apparel items with script fonts other than the nike one.

Honeymoon, for example, is sorta close, and could maybe work with some 'fattening.' If you find one, let me know and i'll typeset it. It will need manual KERNING. And then you'll likely need a PDF or EPS or AI file to send to the printer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom