OT: Tecmo Superbowl draft | Syracusefan.com

OT: Tecmo Superbowl draft

ImperialOrange

Living Legend
Myself and Alsacs have been reminiscing about Tecmo Superbowl. Being a slow board day/week we're looking to do a TSB redraft with ~10 participants. Draft will be snake style with number of picks TBD on how many participants feel like prior to boredom.

So anyone think they have the Tecmo knowledge to put together a dream team and feel like competing/killing time reply in this thread. Have to be a somewhat regular poster please, otherwise it'll take entirely too long.

So who's in? and when is best draft time for you? How many picks are too many?

same deal as a fantasy draft? 2 QBs, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 RB/WR, TE, K, D?

That's gonna be tough to enforce lol

as long as you guys dont mind that your tax dollars are paying for me to do a Tecmo Super Bowl draft, I'm down lol

Ha, at least theyre paying for a Syracuse fan! We'll have to go on the honor system (do we have any?) in regards to the draft. If odd ball players from teams nobody used show up it'll be obvious anyway. Alright we've got 3.

1)ImperialOrange
2)Alsacs
3)CuseTroop

anymore takers?

Absolutely want in. But any chance we can have defensive players? I've got a few plans. ;)
1 DL, 1 LB, 1 CB/S?

It's ok if not, I will go with the flow either way. But I want in!
Btw, even though a Giant fan, Rod Woodson's a frikkin maniac in this game. All over the place.
What did you guys call when Christian Okoye barrelled over people by pressing A or B fast?
We called it "stomping" someone.
Tecmo+Super+Bowl+(USA)_005.png

I have gone 19-0 with every team in this game except the Buccaneers led by Vinny Testaverde and Colts led by Jeff George(the AFC East is stacked with the Bills/Dolphins being top 10 teams). When I went 19-0 with the Pats I knew I had a problem when my team depended on John Stephens, Marc Wilson(QB was better than Grogan for me) and underrated Marv Cook at TE.

I would love too, but I'm afraid I would hold things up. Loved that game. How awesome would it be to be to have the draft here and then play against each other with those rosters for real? And, I think we all know who the first pick has to be. If I am not in the draft, can I still come back and make fun of people who make bad choices?

Absolutely want in. But any chance we can have defensive players? I've got a few plans. ;)
1 DL, 1 LB, 1 CB/S?

It's ok if not, I will go with the flow either way. But I want in!
Btw, even though a Giant fan, Rod Woodson's a frikkin maniac in this game. All over the place.
What did you guys call when Christian Okoye barrelled over people by pressing A or B fast?
We called it "stomping" someone.
Tecmo+Super+Bowl+(USA)_005.png

Don't give away your draft board! 2 dl, 2 lb, 1 db/s

So we've got

1)ImperialOrange
2)Alsacs
3)CuseTroops
4)Tee
5)OrangePace

OrangeZoo or Digible... you guys want in?

I would love too, but I'm afraid I would hold things up. Loved that game. How awesome would it be to be to have the draft here and then play against each other with those rosters for real? And, I think we all know who the first pick has to be. If I am not in the draft, can I still come back and make fun of people who make bad choices?

I mean you can or you can just be in the draft. I may put the actual draft on the OT board and then post the results on here. Not only is smack talk allowed, it's encouraged. Folks may want to give a brief description of why they picked who they picked for debate/smack talk purposes.

I will even avoid the gimmicks... I will take Atlanta.. ;)
If you played as Atlanta I honestly feel comfortable playing any team and feel comfortable. Miller-Rozier-Rison were decent, but I wouldn't put ATL as a playoff team in that game. The best NFC teams were the Giants/49ers/Eagles then Bears/Rams/Redskins with the Vikings/Saints/Lions next followed by the Cowboys(who had a lot of talent, but it was young talent)/Falcons/Cardinals/Buccaneers IMO.

I am just so excited we're talking Tecmo. :)
Best game ever.
It was the first NFL game with 11 guys on the field and kept stats. The orignial Tecmo Bowl you only had 4 plays, but with TSB you had 8 plays and I could literally play that game for hours without realizing it and the games flew by. My friends and I would have tournaments with rules you couldn't pick the 49ers/Giants/Eagles/Bills/Raiders as those teams were just too stacked. We would have to adjust the playbooks just so formations wouldn't automatically give our plays away. The Redskins/Cardinals became decent teams when playing humans because of this as a lot of their formations were simliar to all their plays and you couldn't pick a player on defense to blow the play up. Also, we had a rule you couldn't be DL/LBs on defense as it was too easy to blow plays up.

Now Imperial has pointed out to me the Chiefs should be on that list, and I agree with him now looking back.

It was the first NFL game with 11 guys on the field and kept stats. The orignial Tecmo Bowl you only had 4 plays, but with TSB you had 8 plays and I could literally play that game for hours without realizing it and the games flew by. My friends and I would have tournaments with rules you couldn't pick the 49ers/Giants/Eagles/Bills/Raiders as those teams were just too stacked. We would have to adjust the playbooks just so formations wouldn't automatically give our plays away. The Redskins/Cardinals became decent teams when playing humans because of this as a lot of their formations were simliar to all their plays and you couldn't pick a player on defense to blow the play up. Also, we had a rule you couldn't be DL/LBs on defense as it was too easy to blow plays up.

Now Imperial has pointed out to me the Chiefs should be on that list, and I agree with him now looking back.

Chiefs > Eagles. Would be close with the Raiders (depends if you prefer O or D) but if you think you're going to run the QB Eagles top scramble against me you're going to have a bad time. Good luck running the ball with Keith Byars for 4 qtrs!

I'm from PA so a lot of folks would pick the Eagles. After getting repeatedly stuffed on the QB Eagles run they would go away from it for awhile and then get p*ssed when they'd try and sneak it by me later only to have it blown up again. I would also encourage folks to pick the Raiders because you're not stopping me with Howie Long and nobody else on defense unless my team goes turnover crazy.

Ok. Now I have to break out the game and play it. Yes. That's right, I have it. :p

I would like to get in the draft but schedule probably wouldn't allow it. I will definitely enjoy being involved though. Could also maybe team up with someone to either help discuss a plan, offer advice or fill in if their schedule is tough as well.

Ok. Now I have to break out the game and play it. Yes. That's right, I have it. :p

I would like to get in the draft but schedule probably wouldn't allow it. I will definitely enjoy being involved though. Could also maybe team up with someone to either help discuss a plan, offer advice or fill in if their schedule is tough as well.

lol. Just take a team. We have 3 months until football starts so i think we can get a 12 round draft done by then.

I also have an 2 8 bit NES's and TSB. If we can just figure out how to get a TSB tourney set up at a tail gate...

Chiefs > Eagles. Would be close with the Raiders (depends if you prefer O or D) but if you think you're going to run the QB Eagles top scramble against me you're going to have a bad time. Good luck running the ball with Keith Byars for 4 qtrs!

I'm from PA so a lot of folks would pick the Eagles. After getting repeatedly stuffed on the QB Eagles run they would go away from it for awhile and then get p*ssed when they'd try and sneak it by me later only to have it blown up again. I would also encourage folks to pick the Raiders because you're not stopping me with Howie Long and nobody else on defense unless my team goes turnover crazy.
The Eagles were definitely limited. The Chiefs and Raiders were close, but I would probably take the Raiders.

I used to keep notebooks of stats and compared years among the many different teams I used. I wish I had those notebooks now to see what I used to be able to do.

are you guys using an emulator- forgive my ignorance i saw tecmo super bowl and had to post just didnt catch the gist of the op..

The Eagles were definitely limited. The Chiefs and Raiders were close, but I would probably take the Raiders.

I used to keep notebooks of stats and compared years among the many different teams I used. I wish I had those notebooks now to see what I used to be able to do.

I still maintain that the Cheifs were a QB away from elite bills/giants/49ers status.

The fact that you kept notebooks of stats makes you overwhelmingly qualified!

1)ImperialOrange
2)Alsacs
3)CuseTroops
4)Tee
5)OrangePace
6)Digable

Anyone else? Was hoping to roll 10 deep but we can roll with 6 or more.

i used to play all the time but the last time was when somebody brought in a nes system freshman year at b/b in 03 and we had a tsb tourney.. so are you guys playing the games on your system and uploading stats or just doing simulations? in down just want to know which positions are game and where and how we do the draft..